How long will Apple keep selling the 6/6s/7/8 form factor for?

Sandman77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2013
Having decided that £1000 is too much to pay for a mobile phone I bought a 64GB 8 in the hope that in 12 months time Apple will release a phone with the form factor of the X for the price of the 8. Does anybody think that this is likely or are we still a few years away from a bezelless iphone for under £700?
Is the 6/6s/7/8 form factor going to stick around for a while yet?

geemiller05

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2011
New York
IMO, i don’t see it dropping for a couple of years, but I also believe that will somewhat be dependent on the amount of sales for the next few quarters. iPhone X is stupidly priced. I just don’t see a phone being worth that cost...I still will buy one only because I gave my phone to a relative and will be trading the old one in. Even then, it’s still just ridiculous. Unfortunately this phone will sell like hot cakes most likely. Causing the price hike to stay

MjWoNeR

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2010
Sweden
I think it depends on the competition and sales. If there is no price war with Samsung and the X sells very well, there is really no point slashing the price, from a business perspective.

If Samsung prices competitively, and Apple starts losing sales because of the price, then an adjustment is imminent.

This is what I think anyway.

balaplus

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2017
Having decided that £1000 is too much to pay for a mobile phone I bought a 64GB 8 in the hope that in 12 months time Apple will release a phone with the form factor of the X for the price of the 8. Does anybody think that this is likely or are we still a few years away from a bezelless iphone for under £700?
Is the 6/6s/7/8 form factor going to stick around for a while yet?
Apple will continue to take the piss until consumers keep supporting the ridiculous prices without any improvement whatsoever..

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
Until their finance people say the investments for the assembly lines have been paid off. It costs a lot of money to buy the machinery to make phones and no reason to dump it after a year or two