Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
I just got my Ultra and like it a lot so far. I clocked 48 hours of continuous use with 2 hours of sailing (using GPS for speed) and an hour of running in workout mode. Not bad!

I'm going out of town next week and normally don't bring Apple Watches with me when I travel because I don't like to deal with charging it when I'm traveling (good use case for mechanical watches) but since the ultra is new I think I'll bring it along this time. Just wondering how much I could max out the battery without using low power mode. I am not sure I'll use the low power mode (except for emergencies) because I don't want to lose heart rate data, but I may disable the always on display, or dim the brightness a bit.

Does anyone have any ideas how much extra battery life you will get with the always-on display disabled?

Reactions: jacklivehere

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I keep AOD off. After 2 1/2 days still had about 30% charge remaining. This was with at least 1 hour workout with GPS every day and sleep tracking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.