How long will I be waiting? (help!)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Adokimus, Oct 8, 2007.

  1. Adokimus macrumors 6502a

    Adokimus

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2007
    Location:
    Boston, MA
    #1
    Hi all,

    I have been wanting to buy a MBP for some time now, but there is still one thing holding me back: No high-res option for the 15" MBP. I am hoping that the resolution independence of Leopard will allow this to be a BTO option when the next revision of MBP's come out, but I want to know what you think. I'm a member of the camp that says, "if you need it now, buy it now, if not, wait." I don't need it now, so I am waiting for the next revision.

    Here's my question... I don't want predictions of when the next MBP revision will be (the buyer's guide is good enough for me), but I want to know if you think that a high-res (1200p), or at least higher-res (1050p), option will be included with the next MBP revision. Alternatively, I wouldn't mind a 17" with LED backlighting, which would be enough to get my money.

    Thanks for your help,

    Ado
     
  2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

    mkrishnan

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2004
    Location:
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    #2
    My prediction is that you will not see the high-res option for another ~12 months. I agree with you that a higher res hinges together with res-independent UI. Reports at present are that when Leopard ships, the res-indep UI pieces will be there, but they won't be doing much -- sounds like you may not be able to tweak for instance the visual sizing of the main OS interface elements on 10.5.0.... It sounds like serious progress on this feature is still a ways out, sadly.
     

Share This Page