How Long Will It Be

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mxrver, Mar 12, 2012.

1. mxrver macrumors newbie

mxrver

until Apple starts serious information leakage about MacBook Pro refresh/remodel plans, now that the iPad/iPhone news is old news?

2. wonderspark macrumors 68030

wonderspark

How long has the sun been shining on this planet we all enjoy? That long, plus a day for asking. :p

3. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Well, you're assuming a lot, so be weary. Don't necessarily assume Apple does all the leaking, and don't assume they want the iPad/iPhone to be old news.

Tim's usage of "post-PC" during the keynote the way he used it tells me they'll slip updates of Macs in when they feel it won't interrupt the buzz of iDevices.

To be more direct, I'd expect some info during the Spring.

4. GGJstudios, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Apple doesn't leak information about upcoming models. Rumors don't come from Apple.

2012 Macbook Pro Redesign

5. charlieroberts macrumors 6502a

charlieroberts

Can you bet on it?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Can you provide any evidence that they do? Apple's penchant for secrecy about upcoming model releases is well known in the industry.

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

The only Apple employees who really know are the managers and they keep their mouths shut. I sometimes think that leaking information would result in the employee being banished to working in a coal mine or sent to Gitmo.

Ok that's silly, but the execs have a lot at stake and know better than to blab.

8. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

how long will it be......untill the next thread asking this question is started

9. drambuie macrumors 6502a

Nothing will compare with the 'Unofficial "I'm waiting for Arrandale"' thread that ran for about a year until the Arrandale MBP release in April 2010. It was a very entertaining thread consisting of 7 parts for a total of about 37,000 posts and over a million reads. After the Arrandale CPUs were introduced at CES in January 2010 it really heated up with the weekly cycle of anticipation each Monday, followed by the Tuesday morning letdown posts.

I was mildly interested in a MacBook Pro, and was perusing all the forums. It was this series that got me hooked on MacRumors. I finally bought a 15" 2.8 GHz i7 MBP with the antiglare hi-res screen in Nov 2010.

10. hypermog macrumors regular

Ah yes, "Waiting for Arrandale." Good times.

My personal speculation/opinion is that there is a 90% chance that (at least) the 13" and 15" Ivy Bridge MBPs will be released between April and July 2012. Not the narrowest of windows, but not really that wide either in the grand scheme of things.

11. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

No truer words have been spoken. If only people would get into acceptance about that.

One of Apples best practices, is their very successful track record of keeping what needs to be secret, secret.

The power of properly managed business plans, technical developments, design creations et al, is what contributes to the incredible success Apple enjoys.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Forever and a day ;)

Apple does not "leak" any information, serious or not. That's just not their way.

Besides, why refresh the MBP when there's really not much else you can do to improve it, until Ivy Bridge comes out.

Plus how many of us would buy a refresh of the MBP that wasn't based on Ivy Bridge

13. roofz macrumors regular

Few people outside of the c-list executives know 'how long it will be'.

you can make informed guesses yourself by reading up on rumors posted on the buyers guide, as well as reading up on when ivy bridge will be released.

most people seem to think that it will be released sometime between early april and late june. others think it will come out as late as august/september.

educate yourself and make your own estimations :cool:

14. mxrver thread starter macrumors newbie

mxrver

Quite possible there never was or will be a leak from Apple.

On the other hand, evidence suggests suppliers and others in the supply chain might not be so leak proof. See today's leak from 'Electricpig' which mentions the new MacBook Pro set to be released in April.

15. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

The release I saw stated it was a MBAir 15" that was slated to be released in April and nothing about the Pro, but these are all speculators releasing the information.