How long will it take for Amazon to get new MBAs in?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by TheBMill, Jul 20, 2011.

1. TheBMill Guest

I got my last one from them and didn't have to pay tax, etc. And usually its a few dollars cheaper to boot. Is there usually a long lag time before they get it?

2. bwphoto macrumors member

I just talked to MacMall who said they'd have them available tomorrow. Might be the same on Amazon; they may all have them ready to go but not officially for sale until Apple says ok.

3. TheBMill thread starter Guest

Awesome, thanks!

4. glitch44 macrumors 65816

I checked some threads on the 2011 iMac refresh. Amazon had them for preorder the same day Apple released them, didn't get them "in stock" until 2 days later, with a shipping time of 8-9 days, but most people received them in about 6 days.

5. TheBMill thread starter Guest

Thanks Glitch! I just talked to a guy at Amazon and he literally didn't even know about them. Actually sent me a link to a rubberized keyboard protector and said, "is this the item you're talking about?" Yikes. I'm going to assume that they'll have them tomorrow for sale, and shipping might take a little longer. But, if you're talking $100 and some dollars for no tax...

6. n8sco macrumors member

I just got off the phone with the customer service lady at Best Buy and she all but denied the product's existence. Not quite sure how to take that lol. My hope is that they're in store by Friday morning.

7. Bob Coxner, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011

Bob Coxner macrumors 6502a

You can save $50, plus get a $100 iTunes gift card, by ordering through the Education Store on Apple. No proof required that you're a student, teacher or parent.