Carrier How long will sprint give us after the service has been disconnected ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Aug 6, 2013.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

My dad couldn't pay the bill so my iPhone has been disconnected last Thursday
    The question is how long will they give us before they do something?

another question is...what if there was 2 bills due? the last month and the *current/next* month ? that too...:confused:

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

On the outside you've got a month before they send it to collections and reissue your phone numbers.

Right now it's probably in the internal collections department. Your dad should call them. Ask for an extension to pay (they've granted one or two to me in the past). Pay them something, even if it's only $5 or $10. A partial payment is better than none. But if you can get the most overdue one paid you can buy some time.

But if your dad does not at least contact them they will just assume it's another person who isn't going to pay and will eventually drop you.

3. DBZmusicboy01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Sure…I've been there. Good luck and I hope it all goes well for you!

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It always makes sense to call them, talk and stay in touch.
    Ignoring and not doing nothing will only make the issue worst.

6. TheProFTW macrumors regular

7. taedouni macrumors 65816

Your father should have an auto pay plan setup that charges his credit card.

It's better to owe a little interest on a credit card bill than risk having a wireless provider discontinue your service and possibly report to collection agencies (which will ruin a credit score)

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Some people don't have good enough credit to have credit cards. Not saying that is the case here (because I don't know), but Autopay does that person no good. Autopay with a debit card isn't a good option either because if the money is there for Autopay, the bill would already have been paid.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. As others have said, call them and they will most likely help you work something out.