How long will the hype last??

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ttexxan, Apr 23, 2015.

1. ttexxan macrumors regular

Im getting my watch tomorrow, but wondering how long the hype will last. I had my samsung watch 1 month before returning.

Wondering if Apple watch going to be similar....Im going to give it a couple of months and bet many of us hardly use

2. Kayzer Soze macrumors newbie

Im more curious to see what the used apple watch market will look like (in terms of discounted market value compared to new) and how this will affect sales

3. Kent01 macrumors 6502

There has been consistently over 2k viewers in this forum for the past 3 days. I'd say the hype is real.

4. ttexxan thread starter macrumors regular

I don't discount the hype being real. I just think the novelty is going to wear off quickly. With having your phone near, many will find the watch just doesn't cut it. Many will also find it takes longer to see/access information via the watch rather than using phone. I just don't think people are going to use it long term.

When buying the Samsung watch I thought it was so fantastic. Then about a month later, found myself checking my phone again. Found it a hassle when attempting to use both.

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

That's because it was Samsung. No offense.

6. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Only you can decide, it is based on your needs. The 'hype' may not be real for you since as you said you just found yourself going back to your phone all the time, others such as my self got a lot of use from previous smart watches such as the Moto 360.

To be honest it just sounds like Smart Watches are not your thing, I hope you don't end up regretting your decision.

7. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

In two weeks this forum will be a ghost town.

8. redman042 macrumors 68020

I think most people will love their watch, but the greatest hype comes from anticipation (wanting it badly and not having it yet). This place will quiet down considerably in May, though we will then get to talk about using the watch.

9. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

Maybe that's why Apple is spacing out the shipments so drastically. To keep the hype alive!

10. Sanlitun macrumors 6502

Sanlitun

I think so. Except for complaints about the battery.

I think there may be a considerable fallout when most people get tired of charging their watches every night.

11. AbsoluteMustard macrumors regular

The negative people will always find a thing to complain about, and they will never be happy.

The vast majority of us will enjoy our new toy for many moons, or until the new version comes out. :D

12. Che Castro macrumors 603

this^

[​IMG]

----------

just like they got tired of charging their iphones every night

13. foxkoneko macrumors 6502

the hype will continue as long as great apps are developed ;)
    If people really dont end up using it it'll be cuz of the crap battery life & the annoying having to charge it daily :rolleyes:

14. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I'm hoping my watch and phone both die at the same time so I can charge them at the same time and not have to remember which one to charge when. I have enough things going on in my life to worry about alternating charge cycles between 2 devices I'l be using daily.

15. Che Castro macrumors 603

http://bgr.com/2015/04/20/best-free-apple-watch-apps-iphone-battery/

check out this app :apple:

16. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

17. Kent01 macrumors 6502

I will use it because I leave me 6 Plus in my bag at work. The Watch is really going to make it easier to use my device remotely.

18. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I'm most looking forward to being able to tell time without pulling out my phone. I could get a regular watch but this one will do so much more. So, for me the hype will last a while because at the basic level even without the phone it will do what I most want it to do. All other features are icing on the cake for a watch.