Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oaxa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
it's a fore gone conclusion that the demand has completely overwhelmed the supply.
The question in my mind and perhaps a few others is when will I be able to walk in to an Apple store and get a phone without standing in line.

My speculation based on monitoring wait times at the nearest store ( down to 1.5 hours as of Friday) is a week to 10 days from today.

Any other opinions?

oclor

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2006
Boston
I say two more weeks, simply because some people who ordered two weeks ago are still waiting.

markgamber

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2005
Redneck, PA
I went to the King of Prussia Apple store today to do a simple exchange and there was no supply problem but there were still people waiting in the mall for over two hours. Why? All I can figure is that the store was grossly understaffed by people who probably barely had an idea of what they were doing. There's no other explanation. Meanwhile, AT&T people are standing around twiddling their thumbs because, with no stock, no one is going there. Until that problem is addressed, it doesn't matter how many phones Apple pushes out the door.

What cracked me up was, just to do a simple exchange, I had to "make an appointment" with the Genius Bar, presumably so they could talk down to me about what a loser I am to suggest there was a problem with the phone. I mean, seriously...Apple could probably have made this entire process more difficult, but I can't imagine how offhand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.