How long will the lines be Friday?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Waffleroids, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Waffleroids macrumors newbie

I'm planning on camping out at Verizon in the morning. But does anyone have a rough estimate of how early I should get there? I'm not located in a city, but the Verizon itself is one of the bigger ones in the area. Thanks for the help

2. macslayer118 macrumors 6502

There are going to be 17 people in line. LOL. Nobody knows.

In all seriousness, I only camped out for the first iPhone and they launched that at 6pm. I got to the apple store at 5:30 am and was about 20th in line. I'd say get there around 5-5:30 am and you should be fine

3. Waffleroids thread starter macrumors newbie

hahaha, that first part made me laugh. Well thanks!

4. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

i guess i will never understand this philosophy... while i am waiting for my delivery i will mow my lawn maybe wash my car and do a lot of other things what on gods green earth will there be to do waiting in a line

5. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

I was going to go off the fact that this was only a small upgrade but pre-orders were in pretty huge numbers. The only line i ever waited on was for the iPad 2 and i went after school, i was like 80th in line. but this time if i do wait on line (trying to sell my iPhone 4) then I'm going to go at like 3 in the morning. The lines will be huge i think so I'm going prepared; iPhone, iPad, food, drink, other various items, and hopefully a companion so i can get in and out of line. I live in Staten island so its not like going to be the 5th ave store but still big. If anyone is going to be at the SI apple store on Friday lets start a thread and get others to go too. :D

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

It really is much like asking if it will be raining in Paris on Nov. 7th at 3am.

But based on past iPhone launches the non-Apple stores do not get good allocation compared to Apple Stores.