how long will you wait

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by volsfan, May 27, 2008.

1. volsfan macrumors regular

volsfan

2. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Considering that all the people last year waited for no reason at all I won't be waiting in long lines. There were plenty of phones at the end of Day 1 and, as people found out, going to an AT&T store bypassed long waits. I'll be going to the local AT&T store. If there's more than a handful of people waiting I'll just come back the next day. There will be plenty to go around. The iPhone hype won't be nearly as outrageous as it was last year.

3. phinnaeus macrumors member

Depends on what day it is. If launch day is any weekday except friday during the week of June 9th, then I'll just pack a lunch and head to the AT&T store with a handy folding chair. Otherwise, I might just get one online. (Especially if it is a pre-order situation.)

4. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I can't even imagine the lines here in Japan when it is released. So I do not plan on waiting in line for the iPhone.

I can wait a month or two to get mine.

But the 64 dollar question, is when will it be released here in Japan. No idea at this point as there are two major opinions; soon and early next year. So who knows. Of course sooner would be better! Duh! ;)

5. isimon1207 macrumors member

6. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I told myself I would wait for a week or so after the original iPhone came out before I would get it

I lied to myself and ended up getting it the launch day 50 miles away from my house :D

I don't know to be honest. Will I have the money at the time? Maybe but Maybe not.

Will all the stores be sold out? Maybe but maybe not

7. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Not waiting a bit. I held out until a couple of months ago for my first iPhone and got one of those refurb deals. Hard to pass up getting one for $350 less than the original price. I'll probably wait to do the same unless there's a discount for a contract. Then I may wait until this contract is up in 2010 since I don't think I'll need most of the stuff on the new one that much. I just wanted a darn iPod/phone combination. :)

8. ileone2 macrumors newbie

ileone2

9. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I'll wait as long as it takes for my corporate overlords to bless the iPhone 2.0 Exchange solution. My company provides my cell phone service. I'll purchase the iPhone myself so I can have more than the minimum storage [hoping for a 32GB model], but only if they agree to provide monthly service.

10. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

I want to order mine the day they are available from the Apple website. I may go to an AT&T Store or an Apple Store but realy dont care to stand in the line.

11. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I might stand in line, but I'll take plenty of breaks. Take advantage of the street restrooms for $.25 in San Francisco, California, USA. :p

12. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

hope its a global release and if so il be buying one asap hehe

13. neven macrumors 6502a

I waited 8 hours last June, and I'd wait that long this time if there was something really great about the new iPhone (beyond 2.0 software, 3G, and GPS, for instance). The line was fun.

14. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

apple online store the minute they say they are shipping...

15. MegaMan1311 macrumors regular

As long as needed, but as short as possible. If that doesn't make sense, then I'm going to get it as soon as I can and maybe on launch day.