How long would it take to get a edu-discount mbp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Crisis, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Crisis macrumors member

The new semester will begin soon, and I am considering buying a new mbp. I heard edu discount would take a while because apple has to check your eligibility. just want to make sure to get the new computer before the semester begins, I have to order it in advance. How long would it usually take from you ordering online to the computer delivered for those of you who have used this discount?

And I'm a student of a university in United States..

2. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

They never check eligibility through the online store, it ships within the same time frame as it would if you didn't order through the EDU store, and you only need a student ID, a class schedule or tuition statement to get the discount in the physical store and it applies right away.

3. Crisis thread starter macrumors member

What if I buy it from the online edu store?

4. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

Like I just said, it's the same as ordering it through the regular online store. The only difference between the edu store and the regular store is the pricing. Shipment times are the same.

5. Crisis thread starter macrumors member

I don't get it.. how does apple check my eligibility in this way?

6. Tiger16, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012

Tiger16 macrumors newbie

They don't. An Apple Store rep straight up told me I can pick my favourite university and order on from there with no worries. Though I bet he wasn't supposed to tell me that haha.

EDIT: Oh and I did that too. Going to university in the States but I wanted my Mac asap and I live in Canada, so I ordered it from the Canadian online store by picking University of Toronto as my "school."

7. Crisis thread starter macrumors member

Wow.. now I don't see the point of the regular store!

8. powrman811 macrumors member

Just purchase it through Apple.com, then opt in for the store pickup option. If you have a Discover card, make sure you use Shopdiscover for an extra 5% off.

9. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

A lot of people take advantage of Apple's reluctance to check edu eligibility.

10. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal