How long would this repair take?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheTom9, Jul 3, 2015.

1. TheTom9 macrumors member

TheTom9

Hi guys!

I was having like hundred problems with my mac, from the screen to the replacement of the whole part of unibody where the keyboard and the trackpad is.

My first question is that despite all the problems (i'll list them bellow) i've had they decided to send the macbook back while they could have just swapped it for a new one;

Replacements to be done:
    Bottom Case Kit, w/Screws
    Display Clamshell, 15-inch, Retina
    Top Case Assembly with Battery
    Hardware Repair Labor

It all come up to almost £1000, wouldn't it be easier if they'd just give me a new mac without sending this back and getting every component basically replaced?

And second, do you guys know how long it would take for them to get it all repaired?
    Ive never had my Mac in for a repair so i have no idea what to expect.
    Just to add i took it into one of Central London's Stores and i've Apple Care + on the mac, and yes, its the 15 inch retina MacBook.

Thank you for all the answers!

2. Mnowell69, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015

Mnowell69 macrumors regular

Mnowell69

the actual 'real world' price to them wouldn't even come close to a grand. Plus this means they can shift bits and pieces 'lying around' Obviously if it was less than 2 weeks old, i would have demanded a replacement.

3. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

That repair probably takes an experienced tech 60-90 minutes. They have to swap the logic board and fans over to the new top case and mount the new display clamshell then test the system and move on to the next repair.