How loyal are you to iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lPHONE, Dec 12, 2010.

?

How loyal are you to your iPhone?

1. If someone gave me the latest greatest Anrdoid, I would sell my iPhone.

6 vote(s)
    11.3%
  2. If someone gave me the latest greatest Anrdoid, I would sell it.

40 vote(s)
    75.5%
  3. If someone gave me the latest greatest Anrdoid, I would smash it.

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  4. i has 4gb iphone 2g!!! [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/1693/droctagonapus.png[/img]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lPHONE, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010

lPHONE macrumors 6502a

lPHONE

Would you love your iPhone even if it didn't love you back?
    If Android made a phone that was BETTER than the iPhone, would you switch?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I know mine doesn't love me back. For it is not alive.

3. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I'd rather get an iPod touch than any other phone.

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Have too much invested in the iPhone to switch. Steve Job's even plan sucked me in!!! :eek:

5. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

I definitely love my iPhone. Wouldn't trade it for anything. I've played with a few Android phones and I just can't get into them. Perhaps it's because I'm so enamored with the iWorld I live in, but I am not a fan of the interface and lack of simplicity all across the board. Great concept, just not quite where it needs to be yet. My $0.02.

6. lPHONE thread starter macrumors 6502a

lPHONE

I guess the real test of "loyalty" per say, is IF Android (or whoever) came out with a phone that was better than the iPhone, would you switch?

*first post updated*

7. SmokeyRobinson macrumors regular

Wheres the option for "already switched from iphone to android and thinking Windows Phone 7"?

8. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Maybe...and that's a huge maybe. I had the first (I think?) base android phone the G1 or HTC Dream. I had it for a week and never really liked the Android OS. To me it didn't seem flush like the iOS. I know the android os has gotten better over the year but I couldn't see myself getting used to another android os phone. I had the G1 for a week before I switched back to my iPhone 2G (I was on T-Mobile during this time). For every phone I had (G1, Blackjack 1 and 2, Blackberry Storm 1, Blackberry Curve, HD2), I have always came back to the iPhone.

9. NightFox macrumors 68000

NightFox

I can't understand some people and brand loyalty. Sure, there's having a favourite brand, but where's the logic in turning down an overall better product (including support, after sales service, price, resale value, reliability and all those other factors) just because it's a different brand? It seems to be the norm to align yourself to manufacturers everywhere these days with computers, phones, cars etc. I'm a free individual, I don't have to have single providers!

I'm not saying that's the case with iOS/Android, just that it seems a bad principal to live by (unless perhaps there are ethical reasons why you want to avoid a certain company). That's not to say that I've never had a heart>head override when making a purchasing decision.

I think loyalty is a quality better reserved for people than consumer products.

10. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

I'm pretty well stuck in Apple-town... so I would likely sell it. My brother converted to a new Android and really likes it but definitely admits it isn't as polished as his old iPhone.

11. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Yeah, my iPhone adapter for my car....plugs into my iPhone. As much as I might want to check out Android or W7P....I have too much of an investment in the iPhone world.

12. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

first of all, i love my iphone 4. i can't see trading it for anything else out there now. secondly, i'm an apple guy so it's super convenient for me.

13. abc123 macrumors 6502

TBH I'd probably give the android phone to a friend/family member. I'm happy with my iphone 4 atm and have a good collection of apps on it that I like.

When it comes time to replace my phone and I was given/won an android device I'd make the switch.

ATM the only brand that I would never buy is a Sony (sony ericsson), they lost me years ago and won't get me back.

14. milbournosphere macrumors 6502a

milbournosphere

My current iPhone suits my needs just fine, but when I go to replace it, if an Android job does a better job, then I'll buy that. But if somebody were to give me a new Android right now, I'd probably sell it.

15. reactions macrumors 6502

reactions

hmmm good question

i have a lot of cracked ipas and i did buy some impulse apps with an itunes gift card that i'd hate to lose then possibly rebuy on android.

what i don't like about android phones is how cheap they tend to feel.

They do great things though. notification system, google maps, global voice controls,etc.

It's getting pretty damn close where android in a year will be a compelling product for even us iphone fanboys.

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I would most likely sell it. Like many others, I am already heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem.

17. lPHONE thread starter macrumors 6502a

lPHONE

Windows made a phone? :eek:

18. sharpycl macrumors 6502

sharpycl

right now iPhone and iOS takes care of all of my needs and like many others on this thread I am very invested in the OS. If another device is released and it improves on my needs of a phone than I'll make the change.

For now though I'm very happy with the iPhone going on 2 years this March
    :apple::D

19. melpote macrumors member

melpote

Everything I own is mac. It is easier to just use itunes and sync my iphone. With android, I have to deal with other software. Too much BS for me. It's all about ease...and I am happy with the iphone. I actually can't wait till AT&T lets me get the 4. :rolleyes:

and the 4's retina display is to die for!! :D

20. peterriffic macrumors newbie

I used to browse the app store all day as well as waiting for the new apps to come along. That's why I love the iPhone!