Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pedregosa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
The bending threads make scary reading. Putting me off buying. But how many people with the new IPPs are not experiencing this? I realize that any thread on this subject is not a scientific survey. However, it would be encouraging if a lot of people reported zero problems in this regard.

Reactions: BoneHead001

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
Had my 12.9 since launch day. I haven’t abused it nor have I babied it. No bending. It lives in my backpack between uses wrapped in Apples folio or keyboard folio according to me needs. In my opinion the bending thing is overblown.

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
No problem with my iPad 11 inch. I've had it for about 3 weeks. Carry it in my backpack with the smart folio cover.

Reactions: J.J. Sefton

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
Put it this way, I have yet to see a clicky-bate article from Forbes yet on the "Extreme hurt Apple is in" due to bending $1000-$1700 iPads...

It's not even @ Defcon 5, other than here at macrumors in a 20 page thread.

I've been using mine daily as a second screen (in a keyboard folio) for work, and at night, nekked (the iPad, not me) while reading or playing candy crush. Transport in a Targus sleeve, in a backpack with my laptop, mouse, powercord, etc).
No bendy so far !

Reactions: HEK and upandown

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Any device can look like it’s bending if you obsess that badly over it...mine looks fine to me but from certain angles any device can look like it’s bending.

I will use my device as I normally do and will not be checking it again

wittyphrase

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2017
New York
Mine is fine. But it’s been in the Smart Keyboard cover since the day it arrived. For yet another anecdote, I asked a woman at the Genius Bar who was helping me with my MBP if she’d seen any bent new iPad Pros and she said no. Said she’s had a bunch brough in for either dead pixels or some had whole regions that didn’t respond to touch. I didn’t ask for clarification on “ a bunch.”

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
No bends on my 11". I've had is since launch and it's in the Apple Smart Folio.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Yea, I wouldn't read much into it. The majority of the complaints are just hearsay and not coming from actual experience. The only legitimate claims I have seen are a few people who received bent 12.9 LTE models out of the box. If that's the case, you return and get a new one. Other than that, it's completely on the individual and how they care for their device. They are bending for a reason, not by themselves. I can say I've thrown mine in a backpack daily with the smart folio on and haven't had any problems. Just don't put unnecessary pressure on it and you'll be fine.

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
Don’t be afraid of the bendgaters posts. Defitenitely in the minority. Have no fear. If you really want and could benefit from the new iPad pros, I say get one. Buy a case for it, and enjoy it without worry.

Enclavean

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2018
I was in the same boat, got scared by all the bend posts here. Then i went out and asked people in my uni who had it and they had no idea what i was talking about. Like, they literally looked at me completely dumbfounded.

My 11" is arriving on Monday, can´t wait!

uller6

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
Got the 11" pro. I use it without a case around the house. Mine's already bent in less than a month because of the stupid protruded camera bump preventing it from sitting flat on a table. I think the bending was caused by my cats walking across it...the iPad still works fine though so I'm not going to worry about the bending.

Reactions: Enclavean

Enclavean

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2018
Got the 11" pro. I use it without a case around the house. Mine's already bent in less than a month because of the stupid protruded camera bump preventing it from sitting flat on a table. I think the bending was caused by my cats walking across it...the iPad still works fine though so I'm not going to worry about the bending.
How bent is it? Would you have noticed without looking for it?

flur

macrumors 68020
Nov 12, 2012
I’ve travelled with mine in an overstuffed backpack and taken it around town quite a bit in my tote. No issues.
[doublepost=1544144485][/doublepost]
You must have really heavy cats.

Reactions: PirateP and RevTEG

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
There should be warning signs ALL over these forums. This is where people come with complaints. You're going to get the wrong idea if you just come here to share the love.

QC is very good. You're not going to get much better. The return policy is decent also (not the best actually...maybe bending happens later? :D )

Also some advice

Don't sit on it. They don't like that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.