Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How Many Apps Do You Have?

• 1-10

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • 11-20

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • 21-30

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • 41-50

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Over 50

Votes: 15 23.1%

• Total voters

thetoothfairy

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2008
Oh about 60 LOL

I have some on my phone for me and the hubby and for family members if they want to play with my phone...

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
64, including those included by apple...

4 homes screens, 1 Icon spot open on each screen
plus the 4 apps in the "dock" at the bottom...

15*4+4 == 64

:)

Maxington

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2007
Oshkosh, WI
It would be interesting to see if the more apps one has the more crashes they experience on the phone.

I have around 15 apps and I only crash very infrequently.

Best thing that I found is to shut the phone down and power it back up after a crash as it helps clean things up (prob vodo, but it seems to help).

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I have over 40, and I hardly ever crash (less than once a day).

I've only paid for a few apps, though.

I'm still trying things out, and I'll delete those that don't work for me sooner rather than later. I have 4 sports news apps, a couple of memo/notes apps, 3 news apps, 2 flashlights, etc.

whosyourtator

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2007
Yes, because we all have time to learn a programming language and develop an app if the selection sucks. :rolleyes:

All I am saying is that you have the ability to download and learn the SDK. Maybe you could hire a developer if you have some wonderful world changing idea. If you can't afford a developer, then maybe you could team up and provide something of value like tech support for the developer. If you cannot provide any value, he would probably let you get him coffee or run his errands. ;)

If you don't have time because you'd rather do other things, then people need to **** and stop whining all the time about the app selection.

I want apps too, but I also understand that there are limitations in the SDK. Griping is one thing, but putting your money were your mouth is works much better.

It will get better with time. Only 4000 developers were in beta, many others are writing apps. Only "crap" apps come over night, and that is why you see them first. Give it time, development time is directly related to the complexity of the application.

It is not beneficial to keep posting "all apps suck" without offering an idea of what app would not suck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.