How many are going, NO CASE?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lukester, Sep 29, 2012.

1. lukester macrumors 6502

Gimodo gave 5 recs on cases. The first one is that they all prefer to go nude. No case. They stated that a case does cause damage in one way or another to phones. I agree. I have had two phones and both had all kinds of scratches from sand on the back and edges of my Iphones.

True a case will protect the phone from falls but to keep it pristine I doubt it.

I have been looking at the workmanship of the phone for awhile last night and it is a thing of beauty.. why hide it under a basket?

I am thinking of a clear skin now..
    your thoughts?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I have a case, to guard against scratches and dings

3. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Maybe add this to the other threads asking who's going without a case?

If you want my thoughts on you going caseless, sure, why not.

4. mushed macrumors member

5. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

Never used a case for any of my iPhones but I do handle with care! I did order some full body screen protectors from Amazon. I plan on using this just on the back since this seems to be the area most susceptible to scratches and dings.

6. lukester thread starter macrumors 6502

I am looking into full body screen protectors.. pros and cons with zagg?

what about when you drop the phone on pavement and it lands on the corner or side? That has to scratch it, no? the front and back protectors will do nothing for that.

Any recs on full body protectors skins?

7. The New iPad macrumors regular

How many are going, NO CASE?

There is absolutely zero need for a comma there.

8. lukester thread starter macrumors 6502

very helpful!

I guess I will wait and see for more reviews or I damage my phone. Too many choices to consider.

9. mpossoff macrumors 68020

It depends on the case. As an example Speck Candyshell and/or Speck Candy Grip won't scratch your iPhone on the back and edges because of the material.

10. senseless macrumors 68000

senseless

I plan on going no case when my 2 year contract is up and then upgrade when it breaks.

11. Smigit macrumors regular

No case, but I have a screen protector on the front and *may* install a skin on the back to protect from scratches. Not so worried about drops, this the skin approach keeps it protected to a level I'm ok with without compromising the size and weight of the device.

12. Gaidin43 macrumors regular

I always go case. Outterbox commuter or casemate pop. Just a little larger so it fits in my hand better and I seem to drop the phone a lot more when it has no case since I have man hands. Plus the extra grip of the rubber is nice at times.

On my 4 I solely used a pop but this time I am liking the size of the outterbox commuter it's perfect for people with larger hands that want protection and still very easy to fit in pockets.

13. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

put on a full body skin and a silicone skin. no scratches and it's protected from falls. doesn't look as pretty but it's better than a phone with a huge gouge or dent in it and cracked screen :)