How many are still waiting on 6 plus orders

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KdParker, Dec 12, 2014.

?

Where did you place your order?

1. Verizon

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. ATT

14 vote(s)
    45.2%
  3. Sprint

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. Apple

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  5. Other Carriers:

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

I just read some of the old pre-order threads for the iPhone 6 to discover (to my suprise) that there are lots of poeple STILL waiting on pre-orders/orders from Sept/Oct.

2. cymolia macrumors 6502a

ordered 12/9 64 gb 6+ space gray, have it in hand 12/12. Even i'm shocked at how fast att got it to me.

3. KdParker thread starter macrumors 601

KdParker

I believed that was the norm, which is why I was stunned to see people still waiting from earlier orders.

4. jeremiah256 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah256

Cancelled my order (made on Oct 22nd) yesterday after I received the T-Mobile Test Drive iPhone 5S on Wednesday. I've tested it at home, work, my frequent shopping haunts, and school. Good connection so I'm kicking AT&T to the curb as they said I'd be delayed until later this December. Phone I want is in stock at the Apple Store.

5. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I didn't need to place an order. I went to Apple.com to check availability this morning, then walked into that store, and walked out with a T-Mobile iPhone 6+ 64GB Gold w/ Apple Care. It was painful paying $1024.41 though.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

My local Apple Store never has any 128gb 6 or 6 Plus units but have lots of 16gb models.

7. cmdrdredd macrumors member

It seems the 128GB models are harder to find, the others should be relatively easy to come by. Locally though everyone seems to have the 16GB near me. Apple stores have a couple 64GB I think though. I'm on Tmobile and am using a jump to upgrade to the Plus so I had to order on their website and the 128GB model showed as "in stock soon order today" or something like that.

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

9. craftEcowgirl macrumors member

So anyone ordered recently and have a ship date? Noticed the ship by dates are gone from website. I want to order a 128gb silver but would like to know ship date, as will be out of town off and on through end of month

10. nitromaxx macrumors member

I ordered a Silver 6+ 128GB on Dec. 4th. Mine still says processing items, but I have an estimated delivery of Dec. 17-22.

11. fzappa2 macrumors newbie

9/27...still waiting

I ordered (and paid for) the 6 plus 128gb space grey on 9/27 in a Sprint store. It's been over 11 weeks and they still can't tell me when it is shipping. I talked to the manager of the store on Friday 12/12 & she said she received an email from corporate that "they are expecting a huge shipment early next week (as in this week) that will fill all back orders from 9/23 to today". We shall see.

12. CEmajr macrumors 601

It does seem the 128GB is difficult to find. I notice that none of the Apple Stores within 100 miles have a 128GB 6 Plus in any color for any carrier. They have 64GB and 16GB units though.

13. nitromaxx macrumors member

Spoke to Apple this morning as I have a friend who ordered the same phone, same color, same size, on the same day. His has shipped and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, my order status still says processing items. She assured me everything was good and said that she saw the status as preparing for shipment and that it should still deliver in the same window. Here's hoping!

14. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I walked into an Apple Store and bought one about 2 weeks ago. They didn't have any stock on the 128GB models though, so I settled for the 64GB Space Gray model.

15. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

i dont understand why the 128GB model aren't available. It can't be because the demand.

16. craftEcowgirl macrumors member

Walked into verizon knowing i would be ordering a plus 128gb. Was told they had none in stock, and we went over plan options, and did give up my unlimited and went to monthly, with free $500 merch . And while i was deciding on plan, he came out from back and said good news, we have a silver 128gb in stock!!!. Glad i didnt go home to order.

17. infam0uz macrumors regular

infam0uz

I preordered Last Sunday (12/14) and it got shipped on (12/15) by USPS 2 Day Mail

ATT - I6+ 64GB Silver.

18. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

A few store by me have the pluses in stock. I exchanged my Sony Xperia z3v for one the other day. They had the 128 and 64 in stock in all colors. Not the 6 though. I ended up with the 64.

19. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

I don't understand why (in the US).

They're all over the place. They're at the four closet Apple stores to me in stock right now and I just got a 6+ (selling my 6) yesterday at Best Buy. They had nearly all configurations.

20. KdParker thread starter macrumors 601

KdParker

Agreed.

Looks like the 128's could be rare, but I thought you could pick up a 16g/64g any size without any hassle by now.

21. thalazy macrumors regular

In the Bay Area

128gb are now showing as in stock. I just picked up one earlier today and exchanged my 64gb model. The Apple employee said they got stock yesterday. I looked and saw quite a few Apple stores throughout the Bay Area and see Apple stores with 128 models in multiple colors in stock.