How many are using less wi fi?????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by loskickking23, Sep 23, 2008.

1. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

I just realized today that I only used wi fi one time sense the 2.1 update.My 3g has improved that much that I don't really need the wi fi much anymore.Has anyone else found there self using less wi fi or are you still using it because it's a little bit quicker.

2. bbeaton macrumors newbie

No 3G in my area, so wifi is still the best way to go. On campus most of the time though, and 802.1X authentication was set up this year so it's really not an issue.

3. Rondogg96 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I still use Wi-Fi inside of my house but when I leave I switch to 3G, and if I'm not going to be doing any web browsing then I'll just keep it on EDGE to conserve battery time.

4. madfresh macrumors regular

I only use wifi at home. Outside, I'm good with 3g.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't use wifi all that much. A few times a month if that.

6. gcmexico macrumors 6502a

gcmexico

same here

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+1 also using WiFi in my house 24/7, and 3G when on the road...:p

8. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I don't connect to WiFi networks at all in 3G zones, unless it's a network that I know exactly what to expect (like my home network).

9. mrilyam macrumors newbie

hey i figure im paying 80 a month i damn well will be using 3g whenever I can and get my moneys worth from AT&T

also no wifi in my house or building, but the 3g speed in NYC seems to be blazing fast lately, it actually loads sites just as quick as the open wifi connection i have used at work

10. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I have the original iPhone, so I still use WiFi plenty. If I can get it, I use it. A restaurant or two I like to frequent offer it for free, so I'm all about that. EDGE isn't too bad for loading data (RSS, AP news, NY Times), but it's not the greatest for photos and such. Still better than the Razr I had a year ago.

11. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

That's why I love to check my e-mail AMAP at work. I'm paying $20 for barely using the EDGE network, and I want to use it as much as I can. I also will load those MLB At Bat videos just for the heck of it.

12. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

I use whatever my iphone uses, im to lazy to go to settings to choose between the two

13. Amt macrumors regular

I do the same.