How Many Battery Power being use when Sleep?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jauhari, Feb 18, 2008.

1. jauhari macrumors regular

jauhari

Hi All,

I want ask about my :apple: MacBook Pro batteries power.
    Everyday, when I was finish using my MacBook Pro, I never shutdown. But only doing sleep. The MacBook Pro led still dim. And I didn't use this MacBook Pro for 12 hours. When I lid :apple: MacBook Pro the battery power in 100%

And When I logging again in the morning, I check my battery, they show the status 85%. Is it normal? it's look like my sleep mode eat to much my battery power (15% in 12 hours) :(

Is it possible to fix it? that I mean make my MacBook Pro use less power when sleep. Maybe only os 2% in 12 hours?

Or? How to set the best configuration on :apple: MacBook Pro when the machine sleep?

*:apple: MacBook Pro Santa Rosa 2.4 with RAM 4GB

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

That sounds about normal in my experience (10-15% in 12 hrs of sleep).

3. jauhari thread starter macrumors regular

jauhari

So this is Normal?

4. Flowero4ka macrumors regular

I have a similar question - is it normal not to shut down my computer at all?

5. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

yeah some people never shutdown/restart their computers. only after major software update or to replace RAM etc.

6. 7-request macrumors newbie

so,

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 1

is it dangerous???

7. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Try shutting off bluetooth. I've found that can be a big power drain when sleeping.

8. AndyK macrumors 6502a

AndyK

I've never shut my macbook down since I got it at the start of January this year.

Sleep mode takes away around 10-15% (as given above) depending how much stuff is still going when I put it to sleep, turning the airport & bluetooth off does make a difference, especially if you're going to me moving out of range of he network you're currently in anyway.

9. VespR macrumors regular

That is one of the best things about Macs. I work in IT support, and it always amazes me how many PC laptops can't hold a battery when in sleep mode. They also wake so much slower than a Mac.