How Many Beta's Will There Be Until iOS 6 Comes Out?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by trenfro, Jul 5, 2012.

1. trenfro macrumors newbie

I know, "Nobody knows, you just have to wait!" I know all that. I'm asking for an estimate based on the previous iOS releases. Any helpful feedback is appreciated.:D

2. soulsteelgray macrumors regular

http://willhains.com/iOS-version-history

2.0 had 8, 3.0 had 6, 4.0 had 5, 5.0 had 8.

My guess is that there will be 5-6 beta versions, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it creep up to 7. 8 seems a little on the extreme end.

3. naveah macrumors regular

I have a similar question. Do you guys think that the launch date for the next-generation iPhone will be governed by the readiness of iOS or the readiness of the hardware? To be sure, iPhone 4S seemed to be governed by software; iOS 5 (with all its enhancements and Siri) was a huge undertaking while the 4S hardware could have been designed at a relatively faster pace. [Just a opinion question. I'm not expecting an exact answer—though if there are any Apple employees out there, I'd love an exact answer.]

4. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

The new iPhone has always released a few days after the new OS is released. Will be the same thing again this year.

5. hokiepokie07 macrumors 6502a

It won't be out until the new iPhone comes out, which is usually this fall in October.

6. Saberon macrumors 6502a

Good question. iOS 5 obviously had the most beta's as it had a lot of backend stuff to add. iCloud itself was a huge undertaking and I'm not surprised we broke the record with 8 beta versions.

iOS6 doesn't really have anything major like that. Maps is arguably the biggest change, that's nothing compared to iCloud/iMessage. I see an absolute max of 5 betas.

7. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

Beta 2 only has several minor issues on my iPhone and iPad so final coming next :D

8. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

I could only dream. Loving iOS 6.

9. kiwiboi87 macrumors 6502

i will say up to 5, maybe more

we are looking towards a sep/oct launch, going by last year.