How many BT devices on one MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bigmat1201, Oct 7, 2008.

1. bigmat1201 macrumors member

I was wondering, how many bluetooth devices can you have connected and running at the same time, before they are unusable due to lag? I ask because I'm looking at getting a Wacom Graphire, which is a BT tablet, an Apple BT keyboard, and an Apple BT mouse, and possibly a BT headset. Will all these devices run ok together on a MBP? or will they be too laggy to use correctly?

Thanks

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Input devices should barely use any bandwidth at all.

You'll be limited to 7 devices though.

3. bigmat1201 thread starter macrumors member

Well the only reason i'm worried is that I've read that the wacom tablet uses a lot of BT bandwidth :(

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I wonder why X + Y coordinates and keyboard keys would use so much bandwidth.

5. bigmat1201 thread starter macrumors member

Idk

I know with range the bandwidth becomes less and less, normally the BT tablet is used for lectures (at least that what my calculus professors uses it for) and if he gets close to 30 meters (the total range) away its starts acting up, but that makes sense. so that could be what they were read about, fortunately I won't be using it that far away, so maybe I won't have a problem. I just ask the question just in case there was some compatibility problem I had never heard of (don't use BT that much), and wanted to know before I go out and spend about $400 on all of it.

BTW, has anyone used a Wacom Graphir (BT tablet), a BT mouse, and a BT keyboard at the same time on there MBP?