how many burned pixels...

zoran

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
... an Apple Cinema Display must have to so that it can be replaced?

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
depends on how tight the people at the Apple Center are. Some people have had ACDs replaced with just one dead pixel, others have stuggled to get it replaced with 5.

If it's really obvious, and you can honestly say it distracts your workflow, they may be lenient enough to replace it for you. I know i would be pretty cut if i forked a few Gs over for a display with glowing green dots everywhere.

zoran

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Arent there any standard numbers of burned pixels that each company takes replacement procedures over sutch displays? I wqs once told that if its over 3 then u certainly get a replacement. I cant remeber by which company though!

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
How long have you had it?

And generally, they "like" to see 8 or more before they think about repairing it.

Unless you yell at the top of your lungs in the middle ofthe store like I did.

Of course the first two displays I bought home went up in smoke - literally.

And no - no standard, really.

Ripmax2000

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2005
Do a Google seasrch for ISO 13406-2. This is the standard that all manufacturers should have to adhere to. Unless the product is "Class 1" there can be a certain amount of faulty pixels before they will replace them.

Also check have a look at Apple's official word on it http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=22194

Probably nether of that is much use, but at least it gives you a starting point, it's really just based on how the person in the store feels at the time.