How many Can I order?

AeroUK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
New York
Does anyone knowthe likit on preorders? Will I be able to pre order two phones from my account?

I’m hoping I can go to Account - Favorites - bag - the. Change quantity to ‘2’ and pay with Apple Pay.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Does anyone knowthe likit on preorders? Will I be able to pre order two phones from my account?

I’m hoping I can go to Account - Favorites - bag - the. Change quantity to ‘2’ and pay with Apple Pay.
I don't think anyone knows specifically for the iPhone X, but I imagine at least two would be the limit. But then again, its a guess.

goofy810

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Apple store and online chat rep both told me 1 per account this year due to supply issues, that anyone found buying more then 1 per apple id will have all orders on that ID canceled. That has happened some in the past but they said it will be 100% this year till supply levels off with demand.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Apple store and online chat rep both told me 1 per account this year due to supply issues
I'm not surprised if that turns out to be the case. I understand there's a lots of valid reasons for someone to get 2, but given the constrained inventories, 1 per person makes sense for the short term.

goofy810

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
I'm not surprised if that turns out to be the case. I understand there's a lots of valid reasons for someone to get 2, but given the constrained inventories, 1 per person makes sense for the short term.
She said the idea is everyone has an apple id or can create one, so if you want one for each member of your family you can order 1 on each account or id

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
She said the idea is everyone has an apple id or can create one, so if you want one for each member of your family you can order 1 on each account or id
Personally I don't need more then one, the wife has an iPhone 7, I have an iPhone SE. If I do choose to take the plunge on the X, it will only be for a single phone :)

dave006

Contributor
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East

You will be able to order 2 iPhone X. However, it is not going to be as easy as just changing the quantity to '2' in the Apple Store app or via the Apple Store web site.

Apple restricts you to 1 Carrier device per order here in the USA. There is a Pop-up that will tell you just that, 1 per order. Since you have to enter your phone number during the order process, you can't tie 2 devices in the same order to the same 1 Carrier phone number. So if you want to order 2, you will need to order quickly back to back or make 2 orders side by side on 2 devices. It might help you deal with the pressure if you have a second person to take responsibility for one of the orders.

So now, do you order your iPhone X first or second.

Dave

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
You will be able to order 2 iPhone X. However, it is not going to be as easy as just changing the quantity to '2' in the Apple Store app or via the Apple Store web site.

Apple restricts you to 1 Carrier device per order here in the USA. There is a Pop-up that will tell you just that, 1 per order. Since you have to enter your phone number during the order process, you can't tie 2 devices in the same order to the same 1 Carrier phone number. So if you want to order 2, you will need to order quickly back to back or make 2 orders side by side on 2 devices. It might help you deal with the pressure if you have a second person to take responsibility for one of the orders.

So now, do you order your iPhone X first or second.

Dave
If you are paying in full, IIRC, there is info to enter other than Credit Card and Address.

citivolus

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2008
Apple store and online chat rep both told me 1 per account this year due to supply issues, that anyone found buying more then 1 per apple id will have all orders on that ID canceled. That has happened some in the past but they said it will be 100% this year till supply levels off with demand.
This is important info that needs to be confirmed officially by Apple. Can you imagine the PR nightmare of having people's orders cancelled due to ordering my two iPhones as in the past?

borntrouble

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2010
Germany
I call bs on that.

Reactions: applesith

citivolus

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2008
If you buy the TMO version then you don't have to enter any personal info before checkout. The app doesn't prevent you from changing the qty to 2 and checking out. Guess we will see tonight but I'd be shocked if they let an order go through and then later cancel it.

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
Screenshot of the chats?

Why would they cancel all orders instead of just the ones beyond the limit? That seems overly spiteful.

x-evil-x

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2008
If you buy the TMO version then you don't have to enter any personal info before checkout. The app doesn't prevent you from changing the qty to 2 and checking out. Guess we will see tonight but I'd be shocked if they let an order go through and then later cancel it.
How do you change quality to two? I can just save two separate phones

Dirtydutch

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2015
Jerseyyy
The extra time it may take bc of prompts from the app or errors bc of having more than one in there is hardly worth the risk, at that point you may not be able to get one bc of the time you are gonna lose

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Screenshot of the chats?

Why would they cancel all orders instead of just the ones beyond the limit? That seems overly spiteful.
I actually believe this because I remember a few years ago this did happen to people. Apple is suppose to cancel all but one order, but there were reports of people getting all orders cancelled. I believe it was during the 5S launch.

citivolus

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2008
Case closed, you can pre-order 2 units as confirmed with my online chat with Apple:

Rebeca:
For the iPhone X there is a limit of 2 units per order online and in stores.

me:
Is that official policy from Apple? I had heard that if you ordered more than one unit, Apple will cancel your preorder

Rebeca:
Yes this is an official policy from Apple. The limit for the iPhone X is 2 units per order.​

Reactions: Cremerhm

x-evil-x

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2008
Case closed, you can pre-order 2 units as confirmed with my online chat with Apple:

Rebeca:

me:
Is that official policy from Apple? I had heard that if you ordered more than one unit, Apple will cancel your preorder

Rebeca:
Yes this is an official policy from Apple. The limit for the iPhone X is 2 units per order.​
How do you add two to one order? I can just favorite multiple phones

Cremerhm

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2012
The Netherlands
Sam

Rebeca:

me:

Rebeca:
Same response here in The Netherlands ...
[doublepost=1509028534][/doublepost]Sam

Rebeca:

me:

Rebeca:
Same response here in The Netherlands ...