how many cases did you buy till happy

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Soura2112, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Soura2112 macrumors 6502

How many cases have you gone through with previous iPhones?
    I think I have 4 Iphone cases for my 3G (Maybe 5). Started with the silicon bumber style first, not the best. Then I tried a DLO hip/belt case, loved it till only one time I forgot the phone was not in the case and when I got out of the car the phone took a spill, thankfully no damage. Then I found a nice leather one at AT&T that covers the whole phone, open the flap to get to the screen. (Mareware), been using it since it's the best protection I have found, and I am very careful too.
    I also purchased a case at MacWorld 2 years ago, Griffen plastic bumber style, with a special camera lens for up close pics, at the show they were showing the difference with a business card. Never really used it though, spur of the moment purchase.
    I ordered a "Apple Bumber" but I wonder if it protects enough, and how many cases I will go through on this phone. Though I love my current case it makes the phone very bulky, trying to avoid that with iPhone 4.

2. Hackintosh Sr. macrumors regular

I think I had about 8 until I found one. It has been a while since I have had an iphone. I won't go through the same runaround with the iphone 4. I will be looking for the thinnest case with the most protection most likely polycarbonate. Nothing in my opinion is better than a thin case.

3. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

I think I went through 15 cases on my 3G in the course of two weeks. They knew my name in the Apple Store because I was in swapping cases so often. I finally settled on one, and then I used it for a month and it hasn't been in it since.

The case actually scratched my 3G up. Dust and crap would get in between the case and the phone, and leave scratches on the plastic. Plus I hated how it made my phone fat. I might get a screen protector this time around though.

Don

4. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

One. Then I just accepted that cases aren't for me and got a skin.

5. Ann P macrumors 68020

I did purchase quite a few cases when I first got my iPhone. Kept changing them around, like flavours of the week. My favorite case would have to be the Incase slider (in white!) but it has since worn out and "retired". I now have those cheap silicone cases. Yes, the ones you buy on eBay. ;)

6. GameraFan macrumors regular

One, the Otterbox Defender but for the iPhone 4 I'm going to try just a skin with a bumper initially. Don't really want the thickness of the Otterbox this time around but may end up getting a thin case with a belt clip.

7. SooneratND macrumors regular

2. One rubber type silicone case that I didn't like much because it was too sticky in my pocket, and then the Seidio Innocase II Surface, which I have had one my phone ever since.

I've been very happy with it so far. The case developed a small crack recently on the side where the tabs slide together, but still looks brand new other than that after a year of non-stop use. The crack hasn't really affected performance yet. I figure I'll use this one until it doesn't work any longer and then buy the same model to replace it, which should take me up to the release day for the iPhone 5 or iPhone 4s or whatever they want to call it next year.

8. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

I literally have a drawer full of them...a big drawer :D Mostly the cheapo cases from ebay. I just liked to switch them up when I get bored. I only bought one "expensive" one from the SGP store, the rest are chinese knock-offs. This time I definitely won't be doing that. This phone is too beautiful to cover up. I will probably use a bumper because I still want it to be protected, but that's it.