How many charges until dead battery?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iMJustAGuy, Sep 19, 2007.

1. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

I remember when I got the 5g Video iPod when it first came out it said around 500 recharges in the manual...any info on this yet for the touch?

2. wongulous macrumors 6502a

Maybe you could have tried researching this with easily available information like from Apple's iPod touch specifications page and Google. It uses a Li-Polymer battery--there, I've done half of the work for you. Also, it said 300-500 charges before it gets to 75-80% of the original capacity. It would be several times that before it's a "dead battery" as in completely dead.

This kind of assumptive misinformation is what brings on baseless fears and class action lawsuits.

3. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

I had a 3g ipod that was still holding up until Chris Hansen stole it and it was doing pretty well, certainly over 700 charges on it...

4. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

It's 500 cycles not charges - if you only used 20% of the battery before each charge for example you'd get 2500 charges.. so it's going to last a lot longer than you'd think from the raw numbers (see http://www.apple.com/batteries/)

5. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

Did you, by chance, go to a house looking for under-age sex? :eek:

6. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

no

no, but he did following me around all day saying "I'm sure you know I'm Chris Hansen...and.... is that yooourrrr ippaaaaaaaad?"

hah
    Arisian