How many clicks do you make per year?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Frisco, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Frisco macrumors 68020

Yes that's including right clicks.

So how many total clicks did you make in 2017?

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

3. millerj123 macrumors 65816

4. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

My mouse does middle-clicks, too. Should I include those?

I am pretty sure that I made all the clicks that I thought was necessary.
    And, probably quite a few that I did NOT need to click.
    If there is a "click" quota somewhere, I probably made that.
    But, I think I don't want to know how many clicks I made in 2017

Pretty sure the adware I have lurking on my Mac counted the clicks that were "important". :cool:

5. Zenithal, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018

Zenithal macrumors 604

Probably 1-2M clicks a month on desktop, laptop and mobile device; home and work. Some years ago, Avast used to give you a monthly report of pages scanned. It was in the millions but it counted all pages, even auto-generated ones.

I tend to buy high end mice or ones meant for gaming because they tend to be built to withstand hundreds of millions of clicks before dying. My current mice at home probably has 30+ million clicks in four or five years and hasn't had any issues yet. Left button and middle button get used a lot.

I'm not sure about keyboard clicks because I tend to do a lot of stuff on the computer through voice command these days, including composing stuff. It's fast and efficient.

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

What? Is this a serious question? Do you think anyone - apart from someone astonishingly obsessive - would keep track of such a thing, or even want to keep track of such a thing?

I have no idea and less interest in measuring something of this type.

Agreed. How peculiar.

7. D.T. macrumors G3

D.T.

2M? That seems pretty high (even as someone who spends 12-14 hours a day on a computer), particularly outside of gaming. 2,000,000 clicks in a month is ~66,667 / day (using 30 days). A quick search turns up an "Average office worker" is around 5000/day.

66K per day would be ~93 times a minute or 1.55 times a second. :)

There an app:

https://whatpulse.org/

That tracks clicks, keystrokes, etc., shows patterns, heat maps of usage, this topic became surprisingly interesting :D

8. Zenithal macrumors 604

I did say across multiple devices. I have measured a portion of the clicks before which landed me on that estimate. We use industry specific software at work and... let's just say they're poorly designed in terms of UX/UI for the price they charge for this software. Takes about eight clicks to get somewhere and the same eight clicks back. It can add up to 15-20K a day. Then add in emails, opening and closing windows, then constantly tapping on your phone to move around (I'm counting clicks like that, too) and the inadvertent spasm clicks from your clicker finger.

It used to be worse. When we began, most of our software was industry specific and, again, the worst designed **** you'd ever encounter. The companies have evolved and offer more efficient software now or offer a SaaS solution that's easy as heck to use. Though we're still on some "ancient" crap.

Can't say I've had any injuries. There was always a stiffness back when we deployed the crap available. Being ambidextrous helped because I could plug in a lefty's mouse and keep going on. Despite this, it's also the reason I began investing my time and money into voice composing of documents and correspondence. Sometimes including posts on sites, including this one (which should explain the weird grammatical errors at times).

I consider myself a good typist, but speaking clearly, you can hit a lot more words than typing can.

9. Frisco thread starter macrumors 68020

There are click counters out there, but yes it was meant to me a "light" thread.

10. Tech198 macrumors G5

lol bloody hell i hope we have better use of our time. I would need an app for this one. but it's not something i'd be interested in myself.