How many computers can you install the beta developer program apps on?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Luke1robb, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

So we want to put the devloper program on 10 iMacs we're buying for our university (Bryant University) and I was wondering if anyone knows if we can pay $100 and put it on all 10 computers or if we have to pay $1000 for all 10 computers total.

Thanks
    Luke

2. eyefoniac macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

100. Or so I have heard it through the grapevine. Don't take my word for it.

3. KingHuds macrumors 6502

Search for iPhone University, free for schools and up to 200 developers can be enrolled.

4. Luke1robb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

So its 200 for iPhone University, what if we just get a standard developer program?

5. Sappharad macrumors member

KingHuds just told you that the university program is free. Why would you want to pay $100 if you if don't have to pay anything?

If you're just looking to install the SDK and develop for testing in the simulator using those Macs, the SDK is free. The only reason you'd want to sign up for the developer program is to test applications on a real iPhone, get the 3.0 beta, or to release apps Ad-Hoc or on the App Store. Without the university program you're creating a complicated licensing issue. Otherwise, I've also heard the 100 number that was mentioned previously in this thread. (There was an article here several months ago about a developer whose Application was rejected from the store, and they were getting around that by selling 100 copies at a time distributed via the Ad-Hoc method.)