How many contacts do you have?

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Not including my own card and the Apple one, 46. I notice you didn't post a figure though iGary – are you just waiting to see how popular you are (or aren't) compared to the rest of us? ;)

Edit: Ah. It looks like you do have more friends than me.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
mkrishnan said:
501, but a lot of them need to be pruned out. Is there a point, Gary dearest? :)
See - HOLY COW :eek: 501?

I'm just curious, really. I only just "organized" my life and got all my Macs and my Treo synced, so I'm curious to see how many contacts people out there have.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
iGary said:

I'm just curious, really. I only just "organized" my life and got all my Macs and my Treo synced, so I'm curious to see how many contacts people out there have.

I don't even use my Mac for stuff like that. Filofax for me... a bit old-fashioned, I guess. :eek:

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
iGary said:
Mostly business contacts, some from old jobs, that I'll probably never call again. But then again, the easiest way to use the contacts on my Nokia is to start typing in the name, anyway, so having so many contacts isn't that bad.

In my friends and families category, only 75 or so.

They've followed me around for a while too -- they used to live in Outlook before I got a mac, and then made their way into my Nokia when I got it, and later into my iBook when I got that. :)

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
I've got about 260 in my address book. Mainly work-related stuff, with about 50 family/friends ones.

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
I have 63 contacts in my address book. That is more than enough!

Jason_Bryan

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2003
Sheffield, UK
2653 but the vast majority of them are business related. Some of the bigger companies I work with have listings for 20-30 people. On a side note though I only have 3 people in my ichat buddy list!

witness

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2005
Austria
I don't tend to use computer based contact lists for my personal contacts, what happens when you don't have your computer in front of you? I just have some numbers in my mobile phone and use IMAP/WebMail for emailing.

iSaint

macrumors 603

Since an individual's contact information takes up minute space on your computer, it's a good idea to keep up with people you meet, work with/bosses, have as teachers, preachers, friends, as you go along in life. You never know who you will run into again in life. Or when you'll need to contact someone from your past. I only started this dbase in my 30's. I wish I had started long ago.

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
60 excluding Apple, although I kept it for fear of bad karma if it disappeared.

Perhaps 20 school friends, 20-30 business related, and the remainder is family/personal contacts. I wish I had 365 to arrange a booty call every night, but alas. Those all women Lacero? :D