Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dan2478

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
How many crashes(rebooting crashes) have you got the past 30 days with your Apple TV (2nd & 3nd gen)

The title says it all. Im asking it because i've want to know whats normal, or the amount of crashes you get, before you can talk about a more serious issue / maybe a hardware problem. :)

Myself: 2 crashes.
(first one when being in the Podcast app. Last crash was in the YouTube app)

Last edited:

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
how many crashes have you got the past 30 days with your apple tv (2nd & 3nd gen)

the title says it all. Im asking it because i've want to know whats normal, or the amount of crashes you get, before you can talk about a more serious issue / maybe a hardware problem. :)

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA

*additional info that may be relevant:
- I don't have cable, so I use my ATVs a lot
- Use Youtube and Podcasting a lot daily
- Both ATV2s are Jailbroken (also got 1 ATV3, no JB of course)

Last edited:

bergert

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2008
none; and it's running every day for several hours (connected to a Mini with a Pegasus R6)

(I bought it the day it was available from the on-line store)

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
How many crashes(rebooting crashes) have you got the past 30 days with your Apple TV (2nd & 3nd gen)

The title says it all. Im asking it because i've want to know whats normal, or the amount of crashes you get, before you can talk about a more serious issue / maybe a hardware problem. :)

Myself: 2 crashes.
(first one when being in the Podcast app. Last crash was in the YouTube app)

I have both the ATV2 & ATV3 and use each of them daily. I've had zero crashes altogether. But there are some bugs that I think Apple needs to fix in the next iOS release.

steve-p

macrumors 68000
Oct 14, 2008
Newbury, UK
I've never had a single crash with ATV2 or 3 that I can recall. ATV1 locked up occasionally and needed the power cycling.

slothrob

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2007
0 i believe.

I don't think I've had to reboot the aTV2 since before iTunes 1.6.1 came out.

I had to reboot my cable box last night, though.

imahawki

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2011
1 crash on a ATV2 (didn't reboot, just didn't respond until I unplugged it and made it reboot). In that same time frame I've had home sharing bomb out while a movie was playing dozens of times. Its massively frustrating. I either have to reboot the unit, restart iTunes, or turn home sharing on/off on the ATV. In extreme cases it will continue to drop connection until I reboot my router.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.