How many cycles on the battery?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheBonk, Oct 7, 2007.

1. TheBonk macrumors 6502

TheBonk

Does anyone know how many charge cycles are possible on the Touch battery? Does Apple list them somewhere?

I've had my Touch for two days and charged it 5 times because Wi-Fi depletes the battery so fast. If the charge cycles is the same as older iPods, then my Touch will be dead in less than a year!

2. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

I was searching for this too, this was one of the chief reasons I hated iPods prior (I always loved being able to pop my Lithium Ion battery out of my Creative, and heard horror stories from my friend of having to send his iPod in to have the battery replaced) to owning my iPod Touch. The only thing I could come around was the general information on Apple's battery section, which-- according to them-- applies to all iPods.
    via apple.com/batteries/ipods.html

I really think it's too early for people to have exact specifications, we still don't even have an exact method for determining battery life.

3. wesg macrumors regular

wesg

I know this thread is more than a year old, but does anyone have any new suggestions? I burn through the battery daily, and want to see the toll it's had.

4. GabeyChow1 macrumors newbie

Hope this helped! Let me know if you have any questions.

"Charge Cycles

A properly maintained iPod battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 400 full charge and discharge cycles. You may choose to replace your battery when it no longer holds sufficient charge to meet your needs."

In other words... you can fully use your ipod once a day, everyday of the year and it will still continuously work at full capacity until it reaches the 400th charge cycle, after that it will decrease to 80% of the original capacity.
    Sooo no need to worry. Yea I was pretty paranoid about my battery too, but still am cuz I deplete it multiple times a day since I play online games w/ it and etc...

5. GabeyChow1 macrumors newbie