how many dead pixels do you have on your touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zirk, Sep 21, 2007.

1. zirk macrumors newbie

i have three , do you think i can exchange it because of it? They are barely noticeable, however this is a brand new lcd and it shouldn't have any dead pixels.
    its a week 37 ipod

2. tobenning macrumors member

Zero dead pixels

3. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

most dead pixels come right from the factory...its just how it goes, but you should be able to get it exchanged, espically if its from best buy, apple store im not sure

4. wizzracer macrumors 6502

wizzracer

5. fuzzdawg11 macrumors member

mine has zero too. sorry man, thats almost as bad as a defective screen. not QUITE as annoying though. gahhhhhhhhhhhh

6. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

haha no.

7. fuzzdawg11 macrumors member

well naw, a defective screen sucks. its a movie player that you cna't watch movies with. wth? great job by apple, and why didn't they announce something for us early ipod buyers that got these pieces of crap.

8. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

please apple will never admit to a problem, look a all of the yellow screen MBPs there are(if you didnt know about this just take one look in the macbook / macbook pro forum), apple never admitted there was a problem they just replace the units of whoever calls

9. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

I have 3 pretty big ones. I'm gonna exchange in a week or so.

10. kjk437 macrumors newbie

11. BayGleam macrumors newbie

My week 36 16GB has 5 green pixels stuck on, 2 of them brighter than the others, and it has a very narrow viewing angle where I have to tilt the top back around 30 degrees (I get negative blacks head-on, otherwise). I had it evaluated by a local Genius and they're reserving me a new replacement once stock is replenished.

12. LillieDesigns macrumors 6502

LillieDesigns

What's a good test to see if you have them? I think I do, but they're almost microscopic.

13. BayGleam macrumors newbie

To make my unit's stuck-on pixels most visible, I would set Brightness up to the maximum and then pause a video or movie at a black screen (fade in at the beginning, fade out at the end, scene transition, etc.)

14. trevorlsciact macrumors regular

so that would be no dead pixels? or do you have a few extra iPod touch dead pixels laying around the house? :p:p

15. solarguy17 macrumors 6502a

i have a week 38 touch

I ran the video that ws post on another thread that id the whitem black, green, red, and blue screens didnt find any dead pixels, but I have noticed a slight negative affect.

Im going to wait a few weeks and go to an Apple Store and exchange it for a good one week 40 or 41 or after.

:D

16. Football1maniac macrumors regular

Football1maniac

I have a Week 37 iPod touch and nope, no dead pixels in mine. The only I do notice is that the "Auto-Brightness" doesn't work on mine for some reason... :rolleyes::apple:

17. magicdan macrumors newbie

returned ipof touch twice

I had three dead pixels on my first ipod touch. I returned it to the genius bar wihout any problems and they did not question the pixels. They gave me another one, and it had about 16 dead pixels. I flat out told them that it's unacceptable and asked fora refund. They were very apologetic and are sending me a check back. I want a new one, but I'm wait it out till they figure out how to stop producing bad screens.

BTW what does everyone mean by week 30 something ipod?

18. Quinlan macrumors newbie

I had two stuck pixels on my first Touch that was defective. The replacement one I picked up on Friday has 0.

19. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Whats Apple's official policy on touch dead pixels?

20. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Zero dead pixels on mine. Bad screen, though.

21. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

I have at least ten do ypu think best buy will accept an exchange based this?

22. dazz87 macrumors 6502

23. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

24. aft macrumors regular

That is the week that the iPod touch was manufactured in.

25. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I'm back. After watching the unit more in the dark, I've got at least four or five 'live' pixels that are bright green at all times, and a few others that are lighter colors, not as easy to spot.

Meh. Glad I'm exchanging.