How many dead pixels do you need?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mikelong622, Nov 13, 2007.

1. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

Cuz I have one on my brand new, less than a week old MB. Is one enough to take it back?

2. blammy macrumors newbie

I have heard conflicting info on this. The last I heard was 7 or more and they will take action. Regardless, it wouldn't hurt to try!

3. greenmeanie macrumors 6502a

greenmeanie

My last MBP the apple store gave me a new one for one dead pixel as long as your under 2 weeks.

4. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

I had 3 dead pixels on a 3-week old iMac. I brought it in hopes that they would be able to remove the glass and massage it back to life. Since I was beyond the 14-day window, I didn't expect a new unit.

The genius looked at the screen and immediately offered a replacement right on the spot.

Since you're within your 2-week window, I'd return it for a new machine.

5. Star Destroyer macrumors 6502

OKay this is on topic, but weird. My CD macbook is anout 17 months old and i just noticed a dead pixel that wasnt there before... I tried massaging it out, and running those programs that flash colours and what not, but its still there. Its just a black speck (no, its not dirt)..

Can i call apple and see what they can do? I just dont want my whole display to die! Any have similar experiences?