How Many E-Mail Addresses for .Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MM07, Jun 17, 2008.

1. MM07 macrumors 6502a

I was browsing in my trial of .mac. It said that you can add other email addresses to your account. I have some ?'s.

How many can you add?

Will each email address go to the same .mac info? Meaning, same home page, I guess.

I am really interested in this. Thanks in advance.

I am looking to get the single .mac account. I've seen some good prices listed here. :)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You get one primary account and up to 5 aliases. Those are other addresses that you can send and receive with, but they all come to one inbox. If you get the .Mac account before the conversion to MobileMe, you can keep your addresses, but your primary account becomes a @me.com address. That would make a total of 6 addresses.

The usual price is $100 for a year, but if you get it along with the purchase of a Mac, you can get a $30 discount on the first year.

3. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Additional email-only accounts are $10 per year on top of the .Mac membership. You can add up to ten. I'm not sure if your primary member login will let you see all of the accounts simultaneously.

4. jplan2008 macrumors regular

The paid email-only addresses are separate with a separate password -- they don't show up with same "main" password -- but the account-holder has control over it -- with dotmac you can/could change the address of the email only account -- cancel one and add different address -- within your main account's settings. At some point, as more addresses are taken, not sure if they will continue to allow this.

The five free aliases also will keep the @mac.com address if you want:

From DotMac to MobileMe FAQ http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1932

Will I still be able to use my mac.com email address?
    Yes. You may continue to use your current mac.com email address to send and receive email just as you do today. If you have any email aliases at mac.com, they will also continue to work.

Will I be able to use a me.com email address if I want to?
    Yes. In addition to your mac.com email address, you will also get an address at me.com with the same username when MobileMe is available. For example, if your current email is emily_parker@mac.com, you will get emily_parker@me.com. You can send from whichever address you choose. The choice is yours. You will still receive email sent to your mac.com address so you won’t miss any emails.

5. MM07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for all the help. I think my trial will be over soon. ;)

Where did you guys buy your .Mac?

6. MM07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I got the .Mac family pack for $80 with free shipping. I'll be ready for MobileMe.

Again, thanks for your help.