Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iosxuser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2015
I've used iCloud since day one... and unlike outlook.com you can't simply hit 'block' when receiving spam... instead you need to make rules/filters... so here's my screenshot.

total of 49 so far

Attachments

• 49.jpg
    49.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 188

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
Wow I don't have any or have that problem.

I use @me for friends and family and outlook for my bank, itunes, and other stuff. I have an email outlook/hotmail address just made for junk too and I can delete them anytime too and not worry about having issues.

Guppy Guy

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2018
Baltimore, MD
I have used .Mac, MobileMe, and now iCloud email, and utilize the Apple Mail app for pretty much all of my emailing needs. It has some limitations, but just like Notes, Pages, Numbers, etc; I really prefer to keep everything native if possible.

Right now, I have about 20 filters in Apple Mail, which seems to be performing better in regards to spam/bulk mail overall; I usually receive about 10 junk mails per day, but I also have a junk@icloud email address that I use only for newsletters, signups, etc and reserve my primary Apple ID email for family, friends, and other trusted sources. This has cutdown on my spam mail over the years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.