Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many GB Ram do you like an iphone to have finally?

• 8G

• 10G

• 16G

• 32G

Results are only viewable after voting.

RedTheReader

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2019
It really should be 12gb in the short term to prevent frequent app restarts and stay competitive with other phones (that do indeed do much better with app restarts). In a few years, or on an “Ultra” model, I’d like to see 16gb.

The 8gb that’s rumored to be coming with this year’s phone really isn’t enough of a bump considering that prices are increasing.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
It really should be 12gb in the short term to prevent frequent app restarts and stay competitive with other phones (that do indeed do much better with app restarts). In a few years, or on an “Ultra” model, I’d like to see 16gb.

The 8gb that’s rumored to be coming with this year’s phone really isn’t enough of a bump considering that prices are increasing.
Android needs more RAM and only the flagships have 12GB. Most have 8GB. I have found little if any improvement in day to day usage with 12GB.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013

You won't see 16GB on an iPhone for at least another 12 years lol.

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
8GB RAM should be enough for iPhones and iPads and 16GB RAM for android phones and tablets...

16GB RAM minimum for Windows and 32GB RAM minimum for Apple Silicon...

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
I think mine has 6GB? That seems good enough. I can't say that I've ever felt the need for more as the phone runs just as good as it did when I got it but my phone is almost 3 years old now so probably best that they increase it now.

cupneverempty

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2014
The ram is the fastest memory of the iPhone. I suspect if apps are never closed, their memory is moved to slower storage memory. If iPhone user storage is 80% or higher used then performance may degrade. If android uses slower user storage, it will need more faster memory to keep up to iPhone storage. This is just some assumptions without really knowing details.

UltimaKilo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2007
FL
I'm tired of apps restarting... It's complete crap and Apple Co tinues to focus on the camera.

In theory, 10GB should be enough.

Reactions: Glacier1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.