How many had trouble handling a 4 at first?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Todthebod, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Todthebod macrumors member

I love the way my 3g feels in my hand. I have become one with it. That's why I never got the 4. I was afraid I would drop it because it felt so different. I take my phone out of my pocket and put it right back in a lot. I can do it so fast I feel like a wild west gunslinger and I'm proud that I've never dropped it.

Anyone switch to a 4 and then start dropping it all over the place? I hate cases but I may have to get something for my 4s.

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

Nope. Never had a problem with it from day one. Feels just as intuitive and easy to handle as any other phone.

3. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Nope. No problem at all. Put it in a case if you're nervous. Heck, put it in a case anyway.

4. Jest3r macrumors regular

You should stop reading those Android sites... ;)

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

lol.

6. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

+1

I think this is pure propaganda.

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

8. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I'd think glass would be more grippy than plastic. My problem with the design was the glass back for fragility reasons and the harsh edges, although those I could make my peace with. I just don't like that it's glass, nothing to do with a fear of dropping it.

9. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

I agree. The 3gs with the plastic rounded edges would be more slippery than the squared edges of the 4.

10. tivoboy macrumors 68030

couple things

Couple things. the iphone 4, just dropped calls like crazy, but we know that. I couldn't use it. Also, I find the form factor not as accommodating to being in like a front pocket as the 3gs was. that said a male shouldn't carry the phone in their pocket regardless, so I don't anymore so I ordered the 4s. :)

11. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

No trouble handling it...

But I do prefer the softer edges of the 3GS.

12. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

What are you 12? Jesus! :rolleyes:

13. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

You must be giving it the grip of death every time you use it! That or you live in a very low signal area.

I use my iPhone 4 without a case about 50% of the time. I do not have an issue with dropped calls with or without the case. There is a particular restaurant I know where if I do hold it wrong the data services won't work (low signal there).

So, the antenna issue exists (anyone who says otherwise is either lying or doesn't understand it), but it's rare that it actually causes me to drop a call.

Oh, and I find it easier to hold onto than my 3G or 3GS. I drop it less.

14. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Ditto. Love my iPhone 4 but I did prefer the feel of the 3G while using it. However the slimmer profile of the 4 is FAR superior for carrying, I have pockets (e.g. side leg pockets in carpenter trousers) that fit the 4 perfectly but were too tight for practical use with the 3G.

15. weidanielb macrumors newbie

Curious as to why a male shouldn't carry a phone in their pocket? :confused:

16. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

"Front pocket"

Radiation

17. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Lol yeah I keep my phone in my front pocket, but I try to move it as far to the outside of my leg, that way nothing abnormal happens. :eek:

18. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

I've never put a case on my 4 (won't on my 4S) and it has dropped 2 calls since June 24,2010. And both times I was in a 1 bar area. And the form factor fits perfectly in the hand. :cool:

19. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Did not find it hard to hold. First iPhone though.

20. tivoboy macrumors 68030

motility

it's been shown that the RF heat/ or radiation can slow sperm motility. This is most likely from the RF heat and not from the radiation of the device, same is true for putting your laptop on your LAP.

21. Tha Professor macrumors regular

I never got 3G(s) for the form factor reasons. I like when the phone just sits flat on the table. And to hold it in your hand. It is great! the sharp edges just tell you sub-consciously that you are holding it well.. There is no way this phone will slip from your hand! I think of it as of a piece of Jewelry anyways...:)

22. Todthebod thread starter macrumors member

You're the one referring to a mythical being. :D

23. Geckotek, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Not much of a history buff are you? :D

24. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I didn't. It felt feels great in the hands. When they-who-must-not-be-named leaked the phone, I was disgusted by it and thought it was extremely "un-Apple". Looking back, I couldn't disagree with myself more. It's beautiful and handles well.