How many have let their iPhone's battery die after the update?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Crevice, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Crevice macrumors regular

I decided that I would let my battery run all the way down so I could get a full cycle after the update. I heard about the increased battery life, and so far I have witnessed it first hand.

I know most people charge when its in the red, or they get the 20% warning or 10%, but I have just kept going. So far I am on 1 day and 7 hours without charging, or connecting to my computer. I have email check on every 15 minutes, and I have: listened to music, listen to music on pandora, surfed the internet, text messaged over 20 times, watch a full episode of the office, watch 4 podcasts (all over 10 minutes long), played cube runner, werdle, cro mag racing, and installed 10 different applications. Not to mention I have made over 8 calls...

Still not dead, try it and see what happens, just let it die and don't give up even if it warns you.

2. MJFlash macrumors member

Hi, Crevice!

EXACTLY! You need to give your phone a chance to resynchronize its battery "gas gauge". While running my battery down, I noticed that the last 10% of the gas gauge's apparent capacity delivered more than 20% of the actual run time following an update. Note that this will be different for every person, but the point is to let your phone calibrate itself to your pack. It really does make a difference! Good post!

Cheers!
    Mark

3. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

Most of the time, I do not let my battery run all the way down before I charge it, but about once per week I let it run all the way down. Right after letting it run all the way down and charging it all the way up, the battery always seems to last longer than the times when I don't let it run all the way down before charging.

Check out this thread:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=562298