How many have returned their X?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by John9721, Nov 8, 2017.

?

Did you return your X?

1. Sure did!

17 vote(s)
    15.3%
  2. No way! I love it!

76 vote(s)
    68.5%
  3. Undecided so far

18 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. John9721 macrumors member

Well, as much as I wanted to love the X, I returned it today. A couple of things did it in for me, and I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced these issues. First, battery life. I was only getting half a day max on my X, with minimal use. Apple tested the battery and it came back fine. I’m typically on WiFi and close my apps often. Second, I just couldn’t get face ID to work correctly. I understand, it’s new, but I was only getting about a 50% or so success rate with it, otherwise it would error and ask for a passcode. Charging time was another, could have been the charger I was using but it always worked great with my 7+. Lastly, the size was what really did it in. Loved the screen size but the overall size of the plus won me over. Not complaining by any means, was still a great overall phone but for $1,150 it seemed to be lacking. Just wanted to share my experience, anyone else have similar?

2. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

nrvna76

Nope. Battery lasts all day. Faceid works almost all the time. Perfect size for me.

Hope your plus works out better for you!

3. krazirob macrumors regular

krazirob

My battery lasts all day and then some so you prolly have background refresh and a lot of location services on. My Face ID works perfect so your prolly just ugly. And the size.......well I make up for sizes in other places besides a phone. Hahahahahahahahahaha

4. John9721 thread starter macrumors member

Glad to hear others have had better experiences ! Like I said, not trying to sound like I’m whining, just curious

5. bdobsonca macrumors newbie

You pretty sure you couldn't have used the other 5,000 useless, whiny threads like this?

6. IHoop macrumors newbie

IHoop

Yep I returned mine as well. Coming from a plus sized phone, the screen on X was a little smaller than I expected. I also had issues with Face ID. It’s a great phone I just wanted to be blown away by it, especially for the premium price, and I wasn’t.

7. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Well I returned a 64GB X because I felt unsatisfied about the storage size. Didn’t even open it, just picked it up because I wasn’t sure if I could score the larger one by Monday; i scored a lunch date with someone in case you’re wondering why I decided to pick one up. :D:D

But I picked up a 256GB version in exchange. Kept my 7 plus tho, but the X is definitely growing on me. Wouldn’t say it’s the best phone I’ve ever had, but it’s a very nice one, so I don’t plan to return it.

8. Apple_MIA macrumors newbie

Returned mine as well after marinating with a 6 Plus all this time. The phone just felt very cramped when texting and handling the screen. Face-ID as well wasn’t consistent when out in the sun. But I’m sure the X-Plus is just around the corner. Cheers

9. KONVICTED Suspended

KONVICTED

10. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I contemplated the size being smaller than I anticipated, but ultimately it's very comfortable to hold. However next years rumored 6.4 OLED iPhone looks very promising to me. I am actually looking more forward to the 2018 iPhone and other Face ID enhancements.

11. thirdeye313 macrumors member

thirdeye313

Absolutely great phone, could not go back unless forced haha. Sorry it didn’t work out. Maybe next year ;)

12. RandyMass macrumors member

RandyMass

I returned my iPhone X 256 GB Silver. The screen never wowed me. Face ID was perfect. And to be honest, if the screen was amazing, I would have kept it.

13. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

14. allthingsapple! macrumors regular

I’m sorry it didn’t work for you. Thankfully that wasn’t the case for me. I unplugged my phone at 6:15am it is now 7:50pm and i have 46%. Haven’t charged my phone all day. Face ID works almost all the time for me. I’m not trying to gloat about my positive experiences just suggesting there might’ve been user error somewhere. However, I’m glad Apple has other devices you are able to purchase and be happy with! The plus was great however it was simply too big for me. Enjoy :)

15. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65832

JayIsAwesome

16. GuruZac macrumors 6502a

GuruZac

I finally got to play with the iPhone X today for a while. It was very cool. Probably not enough time to decide if I would love the phone-I’m sure I would though. I did walk away feeling like it wasn’t great enough to warrant the cost of upgrading vs the iPhone 7 Plus, but I am definitely looking forward to see if the 6.4” Plus model comes to fruition.

17. Debbie Michele macrumors newbie

Debbie Michele

--- Post Merged, Nov 8, 2017 ---
    Honestly, I’m torn. I have thought about returning it as well. Face ID works most the time, however, I do really miss the finger print. Battery life is fine. I do miss my plus and that is a big one. I loved my plus. I am not liking very much how you have to swipe and close the apps. Also the wallet case is very different than my plus. Overall — the plus was perfect and size does matter!

18. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

I agree. Big step up from the past models. Love it.

19. aneftp macrumors 601

Never opened mine. Returned Monday

Reasons
    1. FaceID (my work colleagues in operating room) confirm Face ID doesn’t unlock with surgurical maks ok.
    2. Full price purchased and I’m stuck with intel gsm only product (i’m Att usually, but I have work issued Verizon and sprint phones and iPads). Yes. First world problems But I want to be able to sim swap and don’t want to be stuck with att gsm only iPhone X)

20. fastbagger macrumors regular

fastbagger

Went from 7 plus to X to 8 plus. X is too small for me. Love my 8 plus.

21. lordhamster macrumors 6502a

Re: #1, would the touchID alternative work through surgical gloves? Should you even be handling a non-sterile phone in an operating theater?

#2. I hate the fact they don’t launch the Sim free version on day 1. I got around this by just pre-ordering a verizon model... you can probably go and buy the verizon model in-store no issues.

22. mazdamiata210 macrumors 6502a

Returned mine yesterday. The Note 8 caught my eye.

23. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Battery life is a surprising complaint. In all the tests I’ve seen the X outperforms the plus models. I’d say I had the same experience but the only plus I can compare it to is a two year old 6s plus that was already having battery woes, so it’s not a fair comparison.

Half a day of use is crazy bad though. One test I saw had the screen on running games and benchmarks the entire time and they got five hours out of it. I can’t imagine what you had to do to hit half a day.

24. aohus macrumors 68000

loving this phone. will not be returning it. looking forward to ipX+ next year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

Be either returning mine tomorrow or my brother will buy it. Went back to my 8 plus for now. See what happens later.