How many here had to get the rMBP screen replaced?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pagga, Nov 4, 2012.

?

Did you get your rMBP screen replaced?

1. No need for that.

32 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Yes I did.

19 vote(s)
    33.9%
  3. I had to get the whole machine replaced.

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. Pagga macrumors 6502

Pagga

Closer to the Artic circle than I like to be
    I had mine replaced after two months use. Suddenly there were four dead pixels. All good now.

2. Dyno-Mike macrumors regular

Sent mine off at the weekend for 7 stuck pixels and image retention. 2 large stuck pixels I think we're clusters of 4 and just appeared over the last few weeks. They even left a small hole in the coating of the screen where they were.

I just hope I get it back in perfect condition unlike the nightmares I had with a Dell machine I sent away once... :(

3. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I pre-ordered a 15" MBPr upon release. That one came heavily scratched on the palm rest and lid. 3" long, scratches deep enough you could feel them with your fingernail.

Took it into my local Apple store and they gave me a replacement, yet after just a week six pixels stuck, as well as showing the much talked about pronounced image retention problem (burn in to some).

Long story short, three replacements later and no progress. So I got out of that one and waited.

Two weeks ago, I decided to try again, since it's my past experience that Apple will make some unspoken, silent rolling changes which cure some of the early model issues.

The current 15" MBPr I have is just fine.

4. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

Mine was a brand new replacement from Apple, the previous owner sold it in Ebay, including 3 year extended Apple warranty (Apple Care). So far no issues!

5. Pagga thread starter macrumors 6502

Pagga

Closer to the Artic circle than I like to be
    Mine is perfect after screen replacement. There must have been an issue with the first batch of machines.

6. Dyno-Mike macrumors regular

Mines back. Working perfectly and Im very happy with the service I received from the reseller.

Also I now have an LSN (Samsung) screen, so I think whoever sends theirs in for a screen replacement will also get the same.

7. joec1101 macrumors 6502

Mine came with an LG screen and developed IR and a stuck pixel after about three months.

I took it to Apple Genius bar a few days ago and they replaced it with a Samsung screen. I had it back the next day and it's now perfect. No IR and no defective pixels. :)

8. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

That's interesting, I had the same problem! After about 3 months, I got a stuck pixel or dead pixel in the middle of the screen as well as IR of course! :D

LG SUCKS!!!!

I'm going to get my screen replacement soon. Fingers crossed :cool:

9. xPurpleblob macrumors regular

How long did it take to usually get the screen replacement?

10. Dyno-Mike, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012

Dyno-Mike macrumors regular

Mine was not done by Apple themselves but a premium reseller.

It took about 8 days to get it back all in all. (They had to send it somewhere for the repair)

If I had of travelled 50 miles to my nearest apple store I would imagine it would of been a bit quicker.

This is exactly what happened to mine with an LG screen. but, I had 3 stuck pixels develop in just over 2 weeks and they could be felt when moving a finger across the screen.
    It was kind of like the pixels had exploded outward and left the coating residue on the screen. (Sounds crazy I know)