How many hours a day are you using it?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 0101001, Aug 7, 2010.

?

How often do you use the iPad?

1. Less then a hour a day.

9 vote(s)
    5.8%
  2. 2-3 hours day.

50 vote(s)
    32.3%
  3. 4-5 hours day.

50 vote(s)
    32.3%
  4. More then 5 hours a day.

41 vote(s)
    26.5%
  5. What's a iPad .

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. Maybe a few hours a week.

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  7. Have not touched it in a month.

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  1. 0101001 macrumors 6502

I use mine all day long about 8 hours a day, I was wondering about everyone else?

2. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

5 or more hours a day, Monday to Friday. A little less on the wekends. It has now become my key device for surfing the web (both for university and for leisure).

To the OP, a little tip - it should be written "What's an iPad?"

3. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

I have been an iPhone user for over 3 years now and the old habit of reaching for my phone when I need to look up something or check e-mail is hard to break. I love using my iPad for browsing, e-mailing, and social networking but like I said... I find myself grabbing my phone first over the iPad.

4. The Catalyst macrumors 6502

Probably about 4 hours a day. Mainly use it on my commute and a little bit once I get home.

5. CarboysDesire macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

I would have picked 3 to 4 had that option been available.

6. erillanos macrumors member

more then 5 use it mostly on the city bus to go online

7. lillianad macrumors member

I run my business using it so it's 8hours and more daily. Always within arm reach. :apple:

8. Blinded macrumors 6502

It varies, but definitely more than 5 hours a day. It's my primary go to device, for the most part now.

9. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

I just seem to use it in the evenings that I stay in when I'm on my sofa or in my bed. Love it.

I say 3-5

10. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

I use it whenever I can. Really addicted to it and is perfect to just take around with you

11. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

OP: Your poll options jumps from "less than an hour" to "2-3" hours. Was this an oversight or intentional?

FWIW I use mine for a little over an hour/day.

12. Doju macrumors 68000

8 hours? I hope it has to do with your career.

Usually around two hours accumatively for me. Browsing, Twitterrific, Reeder, Flipboard, Instapaper, etc.

13. 0101001 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oversight..

I buy foreclosed propery.

14. andsoitgoes macrumors member

I have mine with me at work, playing music and sometimes surfing on my breaks.

Outside of that, when I'm home and relaxing AFTER work I've got it there, surfing or playing games.

When I'm with my kids, it's a bedtime/story time item...

Basically the thing is on from about when I wake up until about when I go to bed :)

It's slightly disturbing....

15. saberahul macrumors 68040

I use mine for more than 5+ but then again I bought it for my work/personal/everything possible purposes so it pays off well. FYI, start another thread like this after a year to see how different the responses turn out to be :p

16. amandapanda801 macrumors member

amandapanda801

Yikes... People spend 8 hours on the iPad??? I don't even have one... I find it interesting to hear about the people who use these apple products on a constant basis and if they are actually more in tune with the world because of it or if they completely miss the specifics of life.

17. drewc1138 macrumors 6502

2-3 hours a day, and that's a heck of a lot less than before I got my iPhone 4.

18. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well, I use it to read books, and that quickly racks up the hours. And then, there are the times when I use it to write/edit stuff for work during my commute. That's an hour or two of usage a day, but it's also time I used to waste staring out the train/bus window. My guess is people who use it more than 5 hours a day probably use it for both work and personal entertainment, and if you think about it that way, 8 hours isn't that excessive.

19. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

Books. Web. Netflix. Some games. Youtube. Most of the stuff that I did on my Macbook Pro that was related to the Internet or media is now done on my iPad, so there's nothing really surprising that people use their tablet so much. Of course, the iPad lasts ALL DAY without a charge, so I end up picking it up in the morning and plugging it back in at night, with a good 9 hours used.

20. NewGenAdam macrumors 6502

lots of evenings in ;)
    I use my iPhone like this, as well as during the day. I wonder if an iPad would do the job better