how many hours you on computer?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ricecook, Jan 26, 2008.

1. ricecook macrumors regular

ricecook

whats the longest hours you on your computer? 24 hrs a day?

as for me like 2 + 3 hours a day..on weekends ill spend like 5+ hours if im not doing anything..

whats your longest ever on computer? or you are a computer always on?:D:p:apple:

=

2. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

weekdays, about half an hour.

Weekends at my dad's house.... 7 or 8 hours.

3. c-Row macrumors 65816

c-Row

Since my job involves fixing other people's software and hardware problems, I spend the whole day on computers. And the evening. And the weekend. :eek:

I try to spend most of my evenings having a drink or two with my friends, but other than that, the computer is always running, even if it's just for background music.

4. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

It's pretty boring around my dad's house, so I usually spend the whole day browsing the web and stuff when I'm there. I don't quite use it as much when I'm with my mom, as all my friends are around there and I hang out with them a bit.

5. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Ah yes, same here! Actually though, mom's just a Neanderthal about computers so I get half an hour a day every other day when I'm there.

6. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I can't give an exact figure but too much... I'm always listening to music off it even if i'm not using it directly, though then i'll get distracted and end of surfing the internet or something when i should be doing something more productive :eek:

7. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

8. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

During the week, about 2 hours a day depending if I have to go and do school work on it then it is more. On the weekends, it can be easily 5+ hours a day.

9. ricecook thread starter macrumors regular

ricecook

you guys are computers or humans?:confused::D

10. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i'm on the computer a lot. not sure about how many hours a day, but i've got average at least 3. that's every day

11. jng macrumors 65816

jng

weekdays i average about .5 hour online, just to check email and stuff. if it's longer it's because i'm skyping family and friends in the states. i do however use the computer daily for work, powerpoint, word, etc. but i'm like a teacher, so it's not like all day.

on the weekends, i try to avoid the computer. go outside, read a book, hang out with people, whatever. speaking of which, i have to leave and catch a movie soon...just killing time before getting on the train :p

12. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Up to 9 hours on a weekday, then some casual use at home. It wouldn't be bearable if it wasn't for the Mac Pro and 30" cinema display... Apple's new keyboards have made life better, too. Now I just need them to release a better mouse.

I'm on for a couple of hours a day at the weekend, unless World of Warcraft gets the better of me.

13. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

14. jalagl macrumors 6502a

jalagl

On weekdays, 9-10 hours per day at work, plus an additional 2-4 hours at home (either fooling around or studying/doing homework).

On weekends, much less than that, but if I stay home it could be in the neighborhood of 5-6 hours a day.

15. Woder-Woman macrumors member

Not as many as i used to...once work and uni started, probably 2-3 hours a night.

16. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

17. ich1ban macrumors regular

ich1ban

18. CJRhoades macrumors 6502

'Bout 9-10 hours a day, but I use my computer for a living.

19. xodonniedarko macrumors 6502

xodonniedarko

before i had a job, i could stay on the computer from noon-midnight playing Ultima Online. But then my mom banned it from the house and it kind of died off once my siblings and I all started getting jobs. So now between school, job, and boyfriend, I'm only on 1-3 hours a day, and that's at night, or in the morning before work (like now)

20. nikopolidis macrumors regular

My job makes me being at the computer. So, it's about 20 hours per week working + about 20 hours per week at home. We get 40 hours per week.
    We have 24*7=168 hours in week. So it's about 24% of my week time goes for computing. Pretty much.
    My friend has 24 hours turned on computer. But I must say that it could be switched on while he is outside. :)