Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tagbone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2010
In my resource folder I have been adding the images I use in myTableView rowImage. I was curious at what point there is too many images and I should start having them downloaded via URL?

I'm currently around 200 and I think the most it will get to is maybe 5-600. They are just simple row image .pngs so I think its 4kb each if I remember correctly.

Is 5-600 .png images too many to store in the resource folder?

Don Kosak

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2010
Hilo, Hawaii
In my resource folder I have been adding the images I use in myTableView rowImage. I was curious at what point there is too many images and I should start having them downloaded via URL?

I'm currently around 200 and I think the most it will get to is maybe 5-600. They are just simple row image .pngs so I think its 4kb each if I remember correctly.

Is 5-600 .png images too many to store in the resource folder?

That's a lot of images, but other than (maybe) bloating the size of your app, I don't think you're anywhere near the limit.

By the way, given the small size of the images, maybe you could combine them into a large strip, and then slice off individual images as you need inside your application code. That might reduce your app's footprint, while speeding performance. Something to check into as you're optimizing your code.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.