Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zerozoneice

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2013
I just got notified of another iOS 9.3 upgrade, this time 1.4GB build nr. 13E237 (not the 13E5237 as reported yesterday)

Before i was running also 9.3, initial update was less than 1GB couple of days ago.
It's an iPhone 5S...

LE: nevermind, the build # on 9to5mac.com is wrong. Extra 5 in there...still, the ****ed up hyperlink issue is there.

Reactions: djvidi

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England
Different devices can have different builds. Seems fairly rational.

Rational yes, but not very helpful when you're trying to solve an issue by telling people to "update to the latest build" - I'd be tempted to make them all up to 237 artificially but you are right.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Rational yes, but not very helpful when you're trying to solve an issue by telling people to "update to the latest build" - I'd be tempted to make them all up to 237 artificially but you are right.
That's why Apple doesn't really list the builds--basically if there is an update available then that should be the latest one available for the device.

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England
That's why Apple doesn't really list the builds--basically if there is an update available then that should be the latest one available for the device.

Yes I agree, but there have been some people on these forums confused by receiving two updates to 9.3 on some devices and not on others. Some people refusing to do the second update or that they'll get the wrong build OTA or something.

Beelzbub

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2012
I received the same update on my 5S, which confused me because I already installed 9.3 the day it came out. I'm installing this new 9.3 update now.

zerozoneice

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2013
IMHO, iOS build release quality is not what it used to be. Devices affected across the board, forcing point updates that should have been tested to death in the first place.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
IMHO, iOS build release quality is not what it used to be. Devices affected across the board, forcing point updates that should have been tested to death in the first place.
they have been tested to death (8 betas in 3 months)... but bugs are part of software development.
They are working on it.

Beelzbub

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2012
One thing I noticed when applying the second iOS 9.3 update to my iPhone 5S, the name changed to the default name of iPhone.

HoustonSpurs

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2016
One thing I noticed when applying the second iOS 9.3 update to my iPhone 5S, the name changed to the default name of iPhone.

I have had the same thing happen on the Beta versions and iOS 9.3 since Beta version 3. It changes the name of the phone back to the default name every time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.