how many iOS 9.3 builds out there?!

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by zerozoneice, Mar 29, 2016.

1. zerozoneice macrumors regular

I just got notified of another iOS 9.3 upgrade, this time 1.4GB build nr. 13E237 (not the 13E5237 as reported yesterday)

Before i was running also 9.3, initial update was less than 1GB couple of days ago.
    It's an iPhone 5S...

LE: nevermind, the build # on 9to5mac.com is wrong. Extra 5 in there...still, the ****ed up hyperlink issue is there.

2. skwood macrumors 6502a

skwood

Yes, 233, 234 and 237 with all still the latest depending on the device. Not at all confusing...

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Different devices can have different builds. Seems fairly rational.

4. skwood macrumors 6502a

skwood

Rational yes, but not very helpful when you're trying to solve an issue by telling people to "update to the latest build" - I'd be tempted to make them all up to 237 artificially but you are right.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

That's why Apple doesn't really list the builds--basically if there is an update available then that should be the latest one available for the device.

6. skwood macrumors 6502a

skwood

Yes I agree, but there have been some people on these forums confused by receiving two updates to 9.3 on some devices and not on others. Some people refusing to do the second update or that they'll get the wrong build OTA or something.

7. Beelzbub macrumors regular

I received the same update on my 5S, which confused me because I already installed 9.3 the day it came out. I'm installing this new 9.3 update now.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

9. zerozoneice thread starter macrumors regular

IMHO, iOS build release quality is not what it used to be. Devices affected across the board, forcing point updates that should have been tested to death in the first place.

10. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

they have been tested to death (8 betas in 3 months)... but bugs are part of software development.
    They are working on it.

11. Beelzbub macrumors regular

One thing I noticed when applying the second iOS 9.3 update to my iPhone 5S, the name changed to the default name of iPhone.

12. HoustonSpurs macrumors newbie

HoustonSpurs

I have had the same thing happen on the Beta versions and iOS 9.3 since Beta version 3. It changes the name of the phone back to the default name every time.