How many iPads can we buy on Launch Day?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iWeldonJ, Mar 12, 2012.

1. iWeldonJ macrumors member

Will there be a limit to how many of "The new iPads" we can purchase on launch day?

I'll be camping out for it, but now I have two friends who want me to buy theirs too.

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I think 2. Apple's preorder site was limited to 2 so I'd guess the store is the same.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Two.

4. nparmelee macrumors 6502

Don't think it's been announced yet, but pre-orders were limited to two. Very likely they will limit in store purchases too two as well, at least in the first month or so.

5. DS3 macrumors 6502a

I hope its one at Best Buy.. it was last year. I'd hate to see people buy an extra to sell depriving people (or me...) who got there early or even waited for a hour of one.

6. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

At the iPad 2 launch they limited it to 2 per person. I imagine its the same now, since thats also the limit the website gives.

Now that its big news that there is a massive shortage, you can be sure that scalpers are going to be among the first in line and there will be many of them. Anyone who is buying more than 1 or 2 is definitely going to be seen as suspicious by Apple and the other people in line, so be careful out there. When stuff like this happens, tempers flare and people get really upset.

In my opinion, if someone wanted one they should have pre-ordered. There was at least 3 days or so when you can preorder for launch day delivery so at this point anyone who says they desperately want one or multiples is going to have very little credibility.

7. IGotuBagged macrumors member

I was able to purchase 3 online through apple.;)

Attached Files:

8. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

you can purchase about 2000 on launch day, as long as the apple store stock is enough and you return to the back of the line alot of times:p