How many iPads have you sold?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AppleFan360, Apr 6, 2010.

1. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

People have been filtering into my office to get a look at the iPad. All have left wanting one. I have probably sold at least 20.

Its so funny how word gets around quickly that someone has an iPad in the building. :)

2. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

None. I really don't plan on taking the iPad out of my house honestly. Maybe if I go on a long car trip or something then that's when id take it with me.

3. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

A co-worker specifically asked me to bring it in or I wouldn't have. Now that I have, today, I'd say there are two likely sells, but it's a small office. (I tend not to evangelize, I just let them play with it and do my thing--couple of people have drifted from 'wtf is that?' to 'I want one!!' within the space of about five minutes.)

4. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

5. JReynolds macrumors 6502

I need to check on restocking fees from Apple and Best Buy. I want to buy one and sell it for $50-100 profit, rinse and repeat until I make enough to buy one and keep without noticing the drop in my Bank account.

Anybody doing something like this, is it possible? :confused:

6. Elzlaik macrumors regular

My friend here in Canada is trying to sell a couple he brought back from the states and isn't having any real luck. He's selling them pretty cheap too like $725, I think. Strange. I didn't think he'd have any trouble in the GTA.

Maybe I should tell him to book a flight.

7. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

A trip to the US is cake for a lot of Canadians - just hop in the car and sit in line. No shelling out of airfare involved.

8. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

9. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Sitting in a Denny's right now eating lunch, browsing on their free wifi. A guy comes over and starts asking about it. I show him some features, safari, and he's going out to get one now.

Gotta love free wifi at Denny's!

10. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

11. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

I probably sold 5 so far and its only tuesday!

12. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

My thoughts exactly.

13. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

I haven't exactly sold any, but I have changed a heck of a lot of minds. :D Being in college, it's awfully hard to sell my friends on a $500 device. I did the same thing with the iPhone, everybody played with it, now half of them have one!

14. Maaz macrumors 6502a

Haha three so far. For certain are buying it. Honestly, you jusT show it off for about 5 mins and the average person is already sold on it.

15. AppleFan360 thread starter macrumors 68020

I know what you mean. One person came in already thinking it was just a big iPod touch. He played with it for 5 minutes and realized that its something a bit more. Now he wants one.

16. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

^^^ Do they know you can't print, save or edit files without "extras?"

It looks all pretty, cool and stuff but the limitations for someone expecting something beyond internet, books & games is stifling.

17. CJS7070 macrumors 6502a

CJS7070

I sold one yesterday, I was showing it to a teacher and she went home and ordered a 32gb 3G :D

18. Bytor65 macrumors 6502a

Unless that is the 64GB model, how is it cheap? It is ridiculously overpriced if 16GB. I would just wait for the release, or drive across the boarder myself rather than pay more and potentially have warranty issues. I am not the least bit surprised he is getting few takers.

19. msduncan macrumors 6502

4 and counting....

1 coworker, my boss, and then I got summoned into the offices of two of the company executives to show them and they are getting them too.

20. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

And that's why there's laptops in the world.

21. Elzlaik macrumors regular

Yeah, sorry I was wrong. I checked, he's selling for $675. He says that after New York State Tax and Ontario tax he is only making $40. Oh well, maybe he'll have luck if Apple sells the Canadian 16GB for $599, which would make hue price with tax more than he's charging.

I don't care. I got mine, which is only to tide me over until the 3G is released.

22. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Exactly. But a lot of people who pick them up and start playing with one may assume the other stuff "just works" too.;)

23. iLiveUdie macrumors regular

24. dino26 macrumors 6502

My dad he is getting one straight away when they come out :D

25. maxine1211 macrumors newbie

I haven't sold any... yet. My iPad hasn't arrived yet but it's on it's way! I'm so exicted, i think i'll be selling lots though! I'm at a school where everyone is fond of technology, but only a couple of teachers have one right now, i'll be the first student to get one, just like i was the first to have an iPod Touch, now everyone has an iPod Touch.

:apple: iPod Touch 8gb - School owns tons of :apple: Macbooks - :apple: iPad 16gb Wifi-only