How many iPhone 3G's you can buy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tailg8r, Jul 12, 2008.

1. tailg8r macrumors newbie

Just wanted to give a update on qty you are able to purchase.

At the ATT stores, it doesn't matter if you are on a family plan or not, you personally can only buy one phone. If you are on a family plan the other person on the plan that will be getting an iPhone needs to be there.

At the Apple stores, if you are an individual you can still only buy one for you but if you are the administrator of a family plan you can purchase up 5 as long as you have all the information (administrator's ss#, their phone number, etc). I was able to buy both my phone and my wife's phone without her being there.

On a side note, I don't know if the ATT employees were bitter about not having many phones but I thought that the Apple employees were much more accommodating and had a much better attitude.

This is my first Apple product and not my last

2. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

at our local at&t store, you could only buy 1 but there is an exception to every rule. Since the store didnt have the white one (never got them in for some reason), I was able to initially buy 1 Black 16G and Order the 16GB for my wife. This changed later on when I wanted the white one as well so I ended up ordering 2.

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

In the days approaching July 11, I visited half a dozen AT&T stores to talk to the staff. All were friendly and helpful, but they all seemed a little unsure of how Apple would run things. If they were less informed about any aspect of iPhone sales than the staff in Apple Stores, it seemed to be because Apple left them in the dark until the last minute.

4. sidewalkscenes macrumors newbie

i wish i would have known that before. that way i could have avoided missing a half a day of work and just made my boyfriend camp outside the mac store by our house.