Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by icecrystal23, Aug 5, 2010.
Just curious how many different cases people go through!
One. I put the Apple bumper on and I'm pretty happy with it. Can't see a need personally for another case. But I've gone through four cases for my iPad so far, and went through four for my Kindle as well. Guess I've gotten off lightly with the iPhone! LOL
Apple Bumper(sold via CL)
iFrogz(dropped it one nite and cracked it)
Speck Candyshell(returned due to the flash issue)
Speck Fitted(didn't care for it so I returned it)
Speck Pixelskin(didn't like the size so I traded it via CL)
Speck GeoMetric(current case since Speck sent it to me due to the problem with the Candyshell)
I also got a couple of cheap cases via ebay and they were pretty much useless
I'm expecting my Speck HD Pixelskin in the mail either 2morrow or Saturday.
Speck PixelSkin HD
Incipio NGP Black softshell
Apple Bumper *Black*
So far I'm liking the bumper the best but it doesn't seem to fit so snug on the right side.
I've only bought the ifrogz luxe lean case so far, it's not a bad case but I'm definitely keeping an eye out for a different one.
How are you liking the Speck GeoMetric? I'm getting one as a warranty replacement from Speck because my Speck Fitted cracked under normal usage.
It's actually a decent case. The back takes a quick minute to get use to because it's no flat. The material is on point.
Candyshell (not using it, waiting for the replacement)
Pixelskin (Current one)
Pixelskin HD (Free case program)
Thinking of buying the GeoMetric.
It's insane how much money people spend on case experiments. Why not sneak a try?
yeah its crazy.
I have a rocketfish black case
Belkin Vue (third favorite)
Speck Pixelskin HD (2nd favorite)
Incase slider (current and favorite)
and I havent received my Griffin Reveal Etch ( Free from Apple)
I can part with some of the cases lol. lemme know if any of you want them.
Boiling it works well. There's a whole thread on it if you're interested. Otherwise, just boil it for a minute, let it cool/dry and then put it back on your phone. It'll fit much better afterward.
How do I pick 0?
Doh! Sorry. Total oversight on my part
Well, now I don't feel crazy for trying out a few different cases myself:
1) Griffin Reveal (returned)
2) Speck Fitted (broke)
I've got a Speck GeoMetric on the way and an Incase Snap some day from the Case program.
I'll probably like the GeoMetric, but use the Snap because my car dock cable won't work with ANY of these cases that cover the bottom (yet). The darn connector is thicker than the apple one, so none of the cutouts are large enough. Depending on the thickness of the case, sometimes I can get the cable to connect, but bumps in the road can knock it out.
Casemate Vroom - I only bought it as a temporary case and then returned it
Speck Geometric - sturdy case, I like it. But I won't keep it. Waiting for incase slider
Ordering a cheap clear snap on case on eBay, and awaiting my Apple bumper case's arrival.
Two for me.
- The first was some cheap, random plastic snap case from eBay that had a flash cutout way too small and was a PITA to take off. Clearly not using this one anymore.
- Second is the IvySkin Reception Case. It's a cheap clear case that fingerprints badly and the final design they shipped is different from their original pictures which is just lame. However the case works fine as a temporary holdover so it's Ok. I just won't buy from them ever again after the hell they put everybody through.
Soon it'll be four once I receive the InCase Slider that I just ordered and a Fortte leather case that supposedly takes 3-4 weeks to make and then ship.
My wife and I have had (or will have had) around 6:
1) Red Rocketfish silicone cover, didn't fit well, so returned it.
2) Incipio - pink silicone cover thing that came in a 2 pack from the AT&T store, received this free from a friend.
3) Incase Smoke Snap Case - free from case program, haven't received it yet.
1) Apple Bumper - bought launch week and was refunded by Apple (currently on my phone)
2) Incase Slider - should be here sometime next week
3) Otterbox Defender - $19.84 from Amazon, not sure when it will get here.
Also, to provide cheap screen protection, I took one of the antimicrobial silver micro fiber clothes you get in the iKlear package, and sewed it into a sleeve/sock thing. It is a tight fit with the bumper on, but it provides great protection, and you always have a micro-fiber handy.
Also, had surgery yesterday, so I am on pain-killers, hope this all makes sense.
I started with a iFrogz Luze Lean. It was the only half decent case I could find in store.
Ordered a Speck Candyshell. Returned my iFrogz. Not sure if I like the Speck.
I'm getting a Incase snap case from the free case case program. I going to try and see if Incase will trade me for a Slider.
In order of how I like them (best first)
apple bumpers - white and black w/ SGP CF back - still the winner - classy
ivyskin reception (prints show bad)
scosche (just cheap)
marware (see thru looks cheap)
belkin Vue (cut it up and made it a clear bumper)
boxwave - (just trash but free)
some ebay trash
still in transit - agent 18 clear
7 for me. Well 7 soon.
1. Belkin Grip Vue - stop using it because i couldn't get the damn thing out of my pocket
2. Griffin Reveal - didn't really like the rubbery sides
3. Some cheap plastic case from eBay - no comment
4. Apple Bumper - felt too lose
5. SwitchEasy Nude - still using with tons of scratches and a crack by the toggle switch
6. Ivyskin Reception - creaking noise was driving me nuts went back to switcheasy nude
7. Incase Slider - waiting....
Had Incase Slider for my 3GS but couldn't wait for the iPhone 4 version to come out. I should have waited. I'm going to end up spending more money on cases than I did on the phone.
bumper only, i've been waiting for the vapor pics/reviews
1. Vaja classic pouch for original iphone - What I used the first two days. It fit the iphone 4 really well. I just don't like using a pouch. Pretty case though.
2. iFrogz Luxe - Only decent case I could find at BB the day after I got my phone. It was ok - but I didn't like the button on the back.
3. SGP Leather Vintage Edition - I love flip top cases. Still like this one.
4. White Replicase from eBay - What I have on my phone now, but it fits so tight the corners are cracking.
5. Red Marware Sportsgrip bumper - Ordered from the original render and had it on my phone one day. MEH!
6. White Apple bumper - Never even opened it because I sold it to a forum member before it arrived. I decided I needed back protection.
So I guess I have tried 6 cases and am waiting on my VAPOR with carbon fiber "sticker".
Rocketfish Smoke - Doesnt fit tight enough
iFrogz Luxe - Scratched side of phone
Hand Held Item - It was fee and crap
Incipio Feather -My favorite so far
PixelSkin HD - Wont get until September
have you tried boiling it?