How many iPhone 4's will be available at launch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Joshkunz, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Joshkunz macrumors newbie

I'm sitting in line about 100 people back waiting for an iPhone 4 and just wanted to know if anybody knew how many iPhone 4's would be availbale for walk on purchace on the 24th.

Any ideas?

2. 211269 macrumors member

None until Tues.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

location maters???

the Flagship Apple Store in NYC is obviously going to have more than my local Apple Store here in Modesto, Ca

4. jchampl macrumors member

yeah this is just wrong, if you don't know what you are talking about don't feel you have to post...:rolleyes:

5. Joshkunz thread starter macrumors newbie

Well the one I'm eating at is in san-tan village Gilbert AZ but I'd even take some kind of general answer...

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I also want to add,

when the iPad launched back in April, I remember talking the employee at the front door (she was very excited about the launch, but also looked tired) so I asked her what time she had to arrive for the 9am opening, she replied "1am."

"A few of us had to come in really early to set up all the display units and poster graphics around the store, and we couldn't that last night after closing because we had to wait until exactly April 3rd to open all the NDA boxes."

People keep asking how many units XX store will have, but honestly most Apple employees don't even know this information, much less us people of forums.

I just wanted to share.

7. 211269 macrumors member

No its not. AT&T already announced it. Depends on where you are waiting I suppose.

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

the OP never said he was at an AT&T store (although in his first post he didn't say what store he was at)

but only AT&T has the Not Available for Walk-ins until tuesday policy, not Apple.

9. KidFresh macrumors regular

The manager at my AT&T store in Lower East Side Manhattan last night said walk-ins are not available til the 29th. With all these conflicting reports by you guys, should I believe him or try to get in line in two hours?