Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
So I went to the apple store this evening to see if they had any iPhone 5s in gold available and of course they did not have any left. So I Ask the guy how iPhone 5s they get a week and he say about 50 of them and they be gone withing minutes. One thing that I find hard to believe is why are they just receiving so much less iPhone when they are so many people ready to have one in their hands.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
At this point, if you're doing the dance with the stores and still haven't landed a 5s, you're probably better off just ordering online. At least there you're in a queue and will get one in a couple weeks.

Beezy253

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Tacoma, WA
I still can't believe Apple still decided to go ahead with the release for "second wave" countries.

I know a few people who ordered later on the 20th (1pm PST) Via Apple.com, and are STILL waiting for their phones.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I still can't believe Apple still decided to go ahead with the release for "second wave" countries.

I know a few people who ordered later on the 20th (1pm PST) Via Apple.com, and are STILL waiting for their phones.

That's how Apple under Tim Cook rolls. Global presence is more important than making sure the U.S. is nice and happy before carpet bombing the rest of the planet with iDevices.

It's all driven by the bean counters and their off shore tax shelters. Pre-selling a contingent product to millions of people worldwide and earning interest with their money ASAP is far more profitable than rolling out a device you physically have on hand in a slow, orderly fashion.

Beezy253

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Tacoma, WA
That's how Apple under Tim Cook rolls. Global presence is more important than making sure the U.S. is nice and happy before carpet bombing the rest of the planet with iDevices.

It's all driven by the bean counters and their off shore tax shelters. Pre-selling a contingent product to millions of people worldwide and earning interest with their money ASAP is far more profitable than rolling out a device you physically have on hand in a slow, orderly fashion.

The few people I mentioned haven't even been charged for their phones. (as far as I know)

I wonder if Apple includes pre-orders, that haven't been charged/shipped in their earnings reports.

redlinux

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2013
So I went to the apple store this evening to see if they had any iPhone 5s in gold available and of course they did not have any left. So I Ask the guy how iPhone 5s they get a week and he say about 50 of them and they be gone withing minutes. One thing that I find hard to believe is why are they just receiving so much less iPhone when they are so many people ready to have one in their hands.

So here's a bigger picture. You just went to a single Apple Store. Imagine how many Apple Store branches there are in the US alone. Then you have to count all those branches in other continents in each country and in each city. As the other dude mentioned, it's the law of supply and demand. In this case, the demand is just off the charts.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
The few people I mentioned haven't even been charged for their phones. (as far as I know)

I wonder if Apple includes pre-orders, that haven't been charged/shipped in their earnings reports.

I was thinking more of the larger deals with the telecoms.

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
So here's a bigger picture. You just went to a single Apple Store. Imagine how many Apple Store branches there are in the US alone. Then you have to count all those branches in other continents in each country and in each city. As the other dude mentioned, it's the law of supply and demand. In this case, the demand is just off the charts.

You are correct. I guess I'll just wait until the hype is over so I could get mine. Best buy is giving me a little more on my trade in then apple will.

Last edited by a moderator:

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
At this point, if you're doing the dance with the stores and still haven't landed a 5s, you're probably better off just ordering online. At least there you're in a queue and will get one in a couple weeks.

If you're in a location with a couple of apple stores in driving distance, I think your best net is to keep checking those stores online for in store pickup. Something will be available on store at least a few times a week. Just have to be diligent.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
space grey I assume?

September 30 ported 2 lines from sprint to att (ordered at Att store) 32 gold and 16gb silver. Gold had a 28-42 days wait and silver 7-14. October 5 had the gold phone delivered by usps. October 10 had the silver delivered by ups.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.