How many LCD repairs to get a good screen?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ZMacintosh, May 6, 2013.

1. ZMacintosh macrumors 6502a

ZMacintosh

I had so far 3 LCD repairs/replacements on my 27-inch iMac with discoloration and blotchy spots. kind of looks like liquid stains (no, liquid was not spilled on this mac).
    the last few repairs resulted in scratches to the iMacs glass, back and top...okay whatever, cosmetic. but so far 3 LCDs and this one after 2 months is exhibiting the same issue.

I never had to bring in a system more than once prior to this..is this something to escalate with AppleCare or is continually bringing it back the best method??
    ...i'm trying to give apple the benefit of the doubt but quite frankly knowing that their store techs are just a bunch of kids with no technical background handling these machines is worrisome.

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Could you post a photo of the problem - 3 seems excessive :s

3. ZMacintosh thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZMacintosh

you're right. the 1st time they replaced the LCD, they scratched it, the tech opened the glass right there on the spot and felt the indentations and was baffled and replaced it with the 2nd one which exhibited after 2 weeks the ink spill look. the 3rd one is now doing it.

the iPhone just cant capture the exact contrast of it, unfortunately it is a night and day difference when seeing it.
    I noticed it when I swiped to dashboard and looked like a ghosted image was on the screen...but even after leaving it off for a few days its noticeable on startup.

So the images dont do it justice but give you an idea

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]